Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
argh!!

I hate it!!

My son has just called me, having just gotten in from work (he works in a bar Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays) he knew i would still be awake (its 3:20am here)

He parked at the side of the street near the bar he works at, when he left work at about 2:30, he went to get in the car and noticed the mirror lying by the front wheel.

The car has been sideswiped down the drivers side. rear door, front door, mirror, front fender.

This is the BMW 545i Touring

This kind of thing annoys me, the driver didnt attempt to leave a note or find a police officer (theres plently on a Thursday in town) and they have just left the scene

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stoneage_Caddy said:
bloody hell !!!!
It must have been something big, and something understeering badly! The mirrors on this car fold in after the engine is switched off, so it has gone into the side of the car pretty deep to take the mirror clean off.

The side airbags were (thankfully) NOT triggered.

I can onlt imagine for it to have been an SUV or an articulated/box van, but there arent many of those in towno n a thursday evening.

It must of been tall to get the height of the mirror.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
it was probably one of those "white vans" that give you brittish so much trouble ....

you guys have White Vans , we have what i call "shit haulers" which are old pickup trucks with single axel open trailers piled high with whatever the owner found to put on it without tieing it down in any way shape or form...ive had to dodge a refigerator once that came off one on the highway ...it aint fun ...american refigerators are about as big as your jaguars

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Possibly a white van man, but more likely an SUV for that part of town at that time of night.

Its going to cost a fortune to fix unless there is CCTV footage. That might save the day.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
mccombie_5 said:
Possibly a white van man, but more likely an SUV for that part of town at that time of night.
Its going to cost a fortune to fix unless there is CCTV footage. That might save the day.
oh thats right , they videotape the hell out of you all ....

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
I'd be looking for witnesses who may have gotten a plate number or description,find the @$$hole and then commence to stomp the bloody hell out of them.:bouncer:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
addison_ii said:
I'd be looking for witnesses who may have gotten a plate number or description,find the @$$hole and then commence to stomp the bloody hell out of them.:bouncer:
Well, witnesses will be hard, since the town moves fast at that time of night, although the doorman may be of help.

If there is CCTV i will be able to see the registration plates of whatever hit us.

Then i ask my police officer pal to run it through the computer and give me an address.

Then i go kick but

I am really annoyed about this, more so Claire as it is technically her car!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm headed over there now, I cant wait until tomorrow to see how bad it is. Ive burned myself a relaxing driving CD for the journey over, now lets see what theyve dont to my car!!

Goodnight gentlemen

I will post tomorow as to what the damage is like. Looks like im not sleeping at all

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Mc5...sorry to hear it...but, Stoney is great...and and that note, I'm going to keep my damned mouth shut so I don't piss anyone off... :D I really truely do hope that all works out well for you and it gets settled without any major expenditure or butt kicking...good luck with it!

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
That sucks. Hope the CCTV thing works out for you although I still prefer as few of those damn things around as possible.

Oh, and at least it was the BMW :p

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to see the damage myself at about 4am, then i watched some TV with my son at his place, then i looked at the damage in daylight. Its terrible. About four error messages are coming up. I need to sort this as soon as possible, we were just stopping buy for a change of clothes for me, then off to the police station...

THis will not be cheap to repair

1 - 20 of 38 Posts