Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who has the highest mileage '09 CTS-V and how have you fared with problems & factory repairs?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Not trying to be nosy, just trying to confirm my suspicions especially regarding the sunroof. Mine will be a solid roof configuration, even if I am forced to order it and pay more due to ordering one just to avoid the sunroof issue. I can live with squeaks, but not on a $70K car. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
cts v
212 Posts
7500 since purchased in february. no problems at all with the sun roof. recaro side supports dont stay in or " inflated" for lack of a better word( to be fixed when parts arrive been 4 weeks so far). slow speed clunk/jump on occasion when backing up with the wheels turned fully, the entire stereo/nav system froze once for a couple of hours but hasn't happened again. delivered with a crack in the plastic fuse box cover under the hood and the washer fluid cap had to be replaced.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody ever consider the possibility that some of the issues could be traced to a particular timeframe? I know that on the C6ZO6 vettes it was found on the forum that some issues could be traced to a particular timeframe. Disappearing (roofs flying off) roofs & needle bearing issues are good examples that were traced to timeframes, but the C6ZO6 has been in production for several years now, and some of the issues did trace to a particular year. Just a thought. Identifying build dates might prove interesting for issues such as sun roofs & the clicking at slow speed issues. Again, just a thought.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
365 Posts
As far as the sunroof the dealer adjusted the metal frames/rails of my UV roof and the noise is practically gone. Funny thing is I was given a 2009 AWD DI CTS as a loaner with the UV roof and it had the same "popping" noise.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
5000 miles and squeaky ass sunroof has been fixed for about 1000 miles.

Basically the dealer applied 3M adhesive insulation around the entire area that was making noise. This includes the trim ring around the sunroof, the headliner and B pillar areas (particularly bad on the passenger side). Now it is dead quiet, even when I press and jar those particular areas. The potential down side is that this fix has made my squeaky ass console more noticeable. Time for some more 3M.

Let me know if you're in the Central Texas area and having this problem. I will give you the name of my service manager at Covert (Austin).

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
No one's over 10k yet, eh? Mostly, I'm wondering how long the summer tires last.

I'm now at 3200 miles with only intermittent sunroof noise.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
6800. minor sunroof crackels. Rear tires now right at the wear indicators.
Dealer centered front hood. Looks better now. Found a scratch on the steering wheel centerpiece after service. They're ordering an other one. Found the trunk lid is scratching my rear light fixture.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
Wow, that was fast. Lots of tracking?
No, just lots of fun at the stop light. Specially with the tune, the car just flies. I guess going over 100 mph all the time in the Texas heat wears on the tires. (Last rear continentals on the porsche only got 6k miles).
Now that had one failed tranny, i'm a bit more gentle. The stock setup I have now is either still in breaking in mode, or I just forgot how docile it was. I got over 500 miles on new tranny, so I can be a bit more aggressive now. Can't wait to get my max perf tune back!

Hans.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts