Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 ELR
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just double checking. Is the new recommendation to fill to the top of the label.

·
Registered
2014 ELR
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This started the day I put the car in hold mode and both battery and engine icon lit up. That had not been the case in the past. So when I got home I plug the car in and the fan was running , I had not heard the fans before. I figured why not add some coolant to the resivor Did not seem to make any difference. But the car does run fine either way.. I may just take it in and have them scan for codes just for peace of mine.

·
Registered
2016 ELR
202 Posts
The battery and engine power gauges being active during hold mode are normal, per owner's manual for the enhanced gauge view. Fans running when the car is off is also totally normal. That will happen based on a variety of environmental conditions. You will also hear circulation pumps running from time to time as well.

·
Registered
802 Posts
There is a TSB for it. I can confirm, fill to the TOP of that black label. Why? It helps prevent the SHVCS message from setting when not actually needed. Make SURE you use the correct dex-cool, the one with DEIONIZED water.
When servicing any of the cooling systems on the these vehicles, which includes the High Voltage Battery Assembly, pumps, reservoirs, hoses, air separators, radiators, PIM, engine or heater system it is important to use the proper coolant and water mixture.

Bulletin PIP4910D

Also FYI

The coolant systems in the models above use very small orifices in multiple areas (heater core filter, heater core, thermostat, radiators, heater plates in the HV battery cells, etc.) for the cooling systems (Passenger Compartment Heater, Hybrid/EV Battery Pack Cooling, Hybrid Electronics Cooling). When a stop leak product or other additives are used in the cooling systems these products will clog the small orifices reducing the flow of coolant. The coolant systems can have adverse conditions requiring multiple part replacements including the entire HV battery.

Bulletin 15-06-123-001C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts