Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Hi-Ho-Silver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
all at an average speed of 77.4 MPH. Not bad for a Banzai 200 mile run. Also dusted of a pesky Jeep SRT8, hehehe.

This was my first highway blast. What a great sports tourer this car is.

Finished the day with an oil change for reward. Great day all around!

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
all at an average speed of 77.4 MPH. Not bad for a Banzai 200 mile run. Also dusted of a pesky Jeep SRT8, hehehe.

This was my first highway blast. What a great sports tourer this car is.

Finished the day with an oil change for reward. Great day all around!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

up in Wyoming I left the cruise on for over 90 minutes at over 80MPH

takes no effort, many people were passing me.....

But I got home with no lights flashing

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Hi-Ho-Silver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think he got results similar to mine. Mine was almost a three hour run at a constant cruise control setting of 85MPH with bursts above and below interspersed.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
One day I had to drive my wife and step daughter over highways about an hour away. My wife does not like me driving fast at all, so I kept it at 70mph the whole time, and there was very light traffic.

I reset the mpg after i started the car, and on the highway, I saw the mpg steadily rising. If my memory doesn't fail me, i believe a got up to 22 mpg at the end of the trip. I don't think i'll see that number again soon.

Hans.

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
Perhaps I need to take my car in for service, for I just returned from a Laughlin, NV trip and I didn't come anywhere close to these MPG numbers... :tisk:

At best, according to not only the tell-tale average MPG meter, but more importantly how many miles I actually drove vs. gallons put in the car at fill-up...yeah, I was around 15 mpg and I was babying the car at, say, 80ish MPH.

It seems to me that the '09 V requires a lot more effort to maintain its speed vs. say, my '05V. For instance, when coasting, my '09V seems to slow down much faster than my '05V.

Also, it was interesting how going up even a slight grade would cause the instant MPG meter to drop/fluctuate so drastically...:confused:

Put me down in the camp as WEIGHT being the primary factor for such poor MPG results...

Yeah, there were TIMES when I could get the car's instant MPG meter to read high teens and, on a near-perfectly flat road 20+ MPG (of course, going downhill can read very high, but that's not the average), but 18+ MPG? That just hasn't been obtainable on the roads that I drive...to say NOTHING about if you go WOT often, for you'll get single digit MPG if you do that often...

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Infared, 2013ATS, 2016 ATSV
922 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

up in Wyoming I left the cruise on for over 90 minutes at over 80MPH

takes no effort, many people were passing me.....

But I got home with no lights flashing
Good thing you weren't faster than 80. When I brought my 2006 home it was just the open road Sunday morning with me and a Highway Patrol. He got me for 86, I thought I was doing 83 in 75. Somewhere around Sundance Wyoming.
I had watched him way back, I thought it was just a speeder. He must have been doing 130, I thought he was crazy then he got closer and I could see Highway Patrol no lights. Then I thought he must really have an emergency so I pulled as far over in my lane as possible. I was really surprised when he pulled in behind me. I think he wasn't happy to have to work Sunday morning. He wasn't the least bit friendly either. Needless to say I watch my speed in Wyoming now!

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
Good thing you weren't faster than 80. When I brought my 2006 home it was just the open road Sunday morning with me and a Highway Patrol. He got me for 86, I thought I was doing 83 in 75. Somewhere around Sundance Wyoming.
I had watched him way back, I thought it was just a speeder. He must have been doing 130, I thought he was crazy then he got closer and I could see Highway Patrol no lights. Then I thought he must really have an emergency so I pulled as far over in my lane as possible. I was really surprised when he pulled in behind me. I think he wasn't happy to have to work Sunday morning. He wasn't the least bit friendly either. Needless to say I watch my speed in Wyoming now!

I very seldom saw cops, but I bet they were there....

I figured I use the 5 mile over prayer..... and not see lights behind me.....

But many locals passed me like a rocket, I figured I let them g, and be my " rabbit " .......

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
I picked up my car with 63 miles on the odo last Thursday, reset the mpg and av speed, and drive about 15 miles in traffic on the highway at speeds varying from 60 to 75 mph, but babying due to the newness. Av mpg was just over 22 when exiting the highway! On a similar run I estimate my old CTS would have done about 27, after it was broken in. Currently I am running 14 mpg with mostly city driving and one shockingly fast burst to 100 mph in 3rd (couldn't help myself, especially with a Ferrari, Porsche, and BMW owner in the right seat). At the same average speeds my CTS DI 6 mt would have done about 16 mpg, so it's burning about 15% more gas at this point, with double the torque and nearly double the power, and 2-300 more pounds. Not a bad trade off.

My car is a stick, and I've been surprised how easily it coasts, like there is less engine braking than in my other car. May I assume that the cars mentioned above are automatics? My car really doesn't need much throttle to keep it going. Get on the boost, however, and it really sucks gas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts