Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2006 DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought 06 dts 97k on it great condition and was riding fine 2800 rpms at 85 and now it's like 4000rpms at 50.... check engine light came on for a p0114 I think secondary air injection or something..and a a strange short in my front headlight, sometimes it flickers out but I just turn it off and back on and it's fine... first caddy please help??

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,431 Posts
Welcome to the forums! First thing you should do is go to a large auto parts store and let them pull DTC's and definitions. Post all of that here and someone will be able to help you. How did you pull the P0114 code?

·
2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
1,337 Posts
The bulb in the headlight is failing. HID bulbs flicker and go off and on at the end of life. Replace both bulbs with a good quality bulb. It's a pita to replace them and you only want to do it once.

·
2006 DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forums! First thing you should do is go to a large auto parts store and let them pull DTC's and definitions. Post all of that here and someone will be able to help you. How did you pull the P0114 code?
...at AutoZone when I bought it there was no check engine light and I hooked there computer up twice and got the same reading and the 2nd reading put check engine light on

·
2006 DTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I'm having problem with ecm when I put computer on at AutoZone ... can I pull the fuse to reset this... when I get home I'll post pictures of last 2 check engine light scans I did....any help is appreciated..ty

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,431 Posts
What was the code and definition? Did you do the scan, or someone at AutoZone? They should have given you the codes & definitions, probably on a paper print out. Scanning for codes would not have caused the check engine light to come on. If Autozone cleared codes, and the light came back on, it just means the problem still exists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts