Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 DTS LuxII, 1969 El Camino SS396, 2008 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4,
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So besides having to order a tie rod end and a blower motor it seems the high pressure hose on the power steering has sprung a leak and a BAD one. Less than a mile and OUT of fluid.

So I have done one of these before on my Intrigue. I attached the bottom end first which wasn't too aweful. The worst part was fishing the pump side to the pump. I managed this by attaching a string and wire coat hanger to maneuver the hose in the correct path as the old one came out.

Having read some installs here it sounds as the bottom side first is the way to go. Fairly certain I can handle this just wondering if anyone has any good tips to offer. And is this a single or 2 piece hose assembly? Also as I had the one I installed on the Olds fail a year later (cheaper Rock Auto part) what is a good quality part ? Should I get the AC Delco, Edelmann, Dorman, or Gates brand?

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Registered
1996 El Dorado and 1991 Cheyenne Pickup
140 Posts
Don't see what car you've got, but in my case (96 eldo) the job was pretty straight forward. I got the old one out, easy on top, not that easy at the gear, had to saw the line off to get an 18mm socket on there. Then I changed that sensor/switch thingy over to the new hose and installed in reverse order (o-rings...), which in my case meant up first (not tight, just a couple of turns) and then got it fit in there on the bottom. Tighten both ends and the screw that holds it to the engine, connect switch, fill'er up, a couple of end to end turns to get air out, refill and done.

Edit: regarding brand no clue, but I wouldn't think it makes a huge difference... Went duralast because it's the only available and have no complaints up until now (4 months later).

·
Registered
2007 DTS LuxII, 1969 El Camino SS396, 2008 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4,
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it done today. Was a bit of a pain but its done :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts