Cadillac Owners Forum banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,373 Posts
Pops is up to 154k and counting on his 06 DTS. That car will never have any rust problems :lol: but she is reliable as the sunrise!

·
Registered
04 Spiral Silver and Red Seville SLS
6 Posts
KIMG0628.jpg
228k and still running strong despite her negligent former owners. My father, the last of who knows how many owners of the poor thing, let it go for over 100k before finally i got it and gave it an oil change. His assumption was that it had a constant oil change via the bad valve cover gaskets.

·
1998 Deville base
1998 Deville
51 Posts
I've got about 240k miles on my 98 deville and aside from sensor issues the engine still runs great! I often times half-a** race people, and by that I mean I try n beat people to about 10 over speed limit on the main road and see if I can overtake people already rolling when going into traffic, dust all the pick ups in town with their supercharge blah blah f150 blah blah, mini coopers dust me all the time though XD

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,373 Posts
Sadly the 06 passed on after an unfortunate encounter with a deer. She just crossed 166. RIP 😢

He's at 38k on his new 09, so he's got a way to go 😆

·
2010 DTS Lux
5 Posts
I have a 97 DeVille with 107400 original miles, which I know is not much compared to some of you. To figure out whether or not I can expect much more out of this engine, I would love to see how many of you have Northstars with higher mileage. If your engine is not the original, please let us know. Any major problems along the way would also be helpful, with mileages. I think that a thread like this could really help some of us anticipate problems and estimate the life of our engines!

Thanks,
Jim

My entry:
107400 miles original
no known major problems
now leaks a little oil (began around 100k)
I own a 2010 DTS with just over 148,000 miles no issues except small oil leak. Engine is original. I just take good care of the maintenance and still runs like a champ. Here is a current picture and I need to go out and get pictures under the hood to show how clean I keep it
20200101_132645.jpg

461 - 479 of 479 Posts