Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
03 STS
2,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an 06 DTS but general car question. Local seller has 06 DTS for sale. 315k miles but new motor/trans. Wants 8k for it. Assume guy is in route sales? Why would u spend 10k on drivetrain and than sell car? Why not peddle it as is? Unless it just plain wore out and he had to fix it to keep it moving? Odd situation I suppose.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,436 Posts
Re: Hi miles

At that mileage the entire car is a disaster waiting to happen - unless the owner was a fanatic preventive maintenance parts replacement person (doubtful). And the price is grossly too high for a terminal mileage car.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,260 Posts
It's an 06 DTS but general car question. Local seller has 06 DTS for sale. 315k miles but new motor/trans. Wants 8k for it. Assume guy is in route sales? Why would u spend 10k on drivetrain and than sell car? Why not peddle it as is? Unless it just plain wore out and he had to fix it to keep it moving? Odd situation I suppose.
----------------------
315k miles but new motor/trans
is that really a NEW - as in - fresh out the crate - from Cadillac -
or is that new - as in - used - but new to this car -

I would touch it for $3000

·
Registered
95 fleetwood brougham, 01 Seville, 06 dts
81 Posts
I got mine less than half price you stated fully loaded and not near the miles. Fly, don't walk away, friend. You will soon be blessed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts