Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 deville base
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just changed the iac valve and get a p0705 code which is high idle i think, it might have been 06 , but i noticed when starting on cold morning it idles high for about a minute then goes down, the old one was covered in carbon pretty heavy.... is there an adjustment i need to make or will the computer take care of this?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,647 Posts
Sounds like it is operating as designed. Cold start, fast idle should be around 1200 RPM for about 30 seconds or so, then drop to around 900-1000 til it reaches a predetermined temperature (I forget exactly what it is), then it will drop to normal idle (650).

No adjustment necessary, the computer will do it all for you.

Did you clean the TB when you changed the IAC valve? That may have been your problem all along.

·
Registered
2003 deville base
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like it is operating as designed. Cold start, fast idle should be around 1200 RPM for about 30 seconds or so, then drop to around 900-1000 til it reaches a predetermined temperature (I forget exactly what it is), then it will drop to normal idle (650).

No adjustment necessary, the computer will do it all for you.

Did you clean the TB when you changed the IAC valve? That may have been your problem all along.
cleaned the throtle body when i replaced the maf, it was really carboned up. thanks for response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine idles at 1150 when cold for about 30 seconds. When it warms up the idle stays at 850. If I lowered the idle arm to make the 2004 Deville 650 it would not idle or even stay started. Why is this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2004 Deville. Does anyone know where (on the car) I can find the keyless remote entry passcode? It is a 5 digit code and since it is a preowned auto I did not receive an owners card with the number. I want to use it to program my phone to use as a key FOB. It is not in the manual or on the door either. Nor is the code on the theft deterrent module. Anyone?

·
Super Moderator
86,647 Posts
Your slightly higher than normal idle could be a dirty TB. Clean it and see if that brings it back to normal.

Don't know anything about keyless remote pass code, but my guess is that it is different for each car and probably not posted on the car. You may have to take it to a dealer to have it retrieved or change it.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,065 Posts
My 2002 came with a blue/white passcode card in the owner's packet. A GM dealership service writer should be able to recover the number from their GM database access.

·
Super Moderator
86,647 Posts
What is this pass code you guys are talking about? Is that for the key fob? I don't recall seeing any such thing in my owners manual or any card that came with it. Then again, I haven't looked at in in years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts