Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Deville Base
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first off I tried searching the forum using google and found a few relevant posts but nothing covering my exact issue.

So anyway, all my lights work other than the high beams. I pulled all fuses labeled anything to do with lights and they all looked good and I swapped fuses and relays for low and high and the low beams worked with all of them and the highs still did not so the fuses and relays are good.

The odd thing is the “flash to pass” when pulling the stick towards you works. When the stick is pushed forward to turn the highs on, the lows shut off like they should but there is no high beam light on the dash and they don’t come on. The dash icon does come on with “flash to pass”.

I pulled one headlight off and inspected the bulb and it looked physically fine, wiring looked fine, I didn’t bother doing the same for the other as I can’t really see it being a wiring issue as all other lights work fine and the wiring in one of the headlights looked fine.

The only thing I can think of is the switch is bad on the stick when pushed forward but even that seems weird to me as it shuts the low beams off.

If anyone has a suggestion as to what the issue may be I’m all ears lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
2001 Deville Base
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be my guess as well. Everything seems to point to the multi-function switch.
That’s unfortunate lol. It was state inspected a week before I bought it and I was pretty sure it needed functional high beams to pass (Vermont is getting more stringent every year it seems) but maybe I’m mistaken. No big deal as I don’t really use them all that often anyway. Maybe I can take the switch out and take a look at it one of these days and see if there’s something in there that can be tightened up or something. If not I will end up replacing it eventually.

Thanks for the response Ranger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts