Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1996 fleetwood
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want hid headlights in my fleetwood but I want it done right not just I hid bulb plug in and call it a conversion has anyone done it yet I really just want the brightes light possible my lights suck at night

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Not sure if anyone here has done it, I haven't seen anyone mention it. Someone else will have to chime in.

But when it comes time for projectors bulbs and ballasts, take a look on www.theretrofitsource.com they sell individual components and whole retrofit kits.

·
Registered
1996 fleetwood
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was checking out the website today it not a bad price I may just have to do the retrofit myself and buy the stuff from them now my next question would be replacement headlight to try it on because don't want to experiment on the ones on my car just incase is eBay bout the only place left to get headlight

·
Registered
1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille
1,152 Posts
you cant just plug an HID bulb into the factory harness and there is no modification to your light to add them

its all plug and play. i think your low beams are 9005 and high beams 9006....pic which heat range you want that determines color...i prefer 5000k pure white

remove your factory light bulb, insert HID into light housing, plug the HID light into the ballast and plug the ballast into the factory harness...secure the ballast so they dont get beat around during driving and call it a day,

and they are cheap $30 on eBay

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
Putting an HID bulb into a reflector type housing causes glare to other drivers, puts less usable light onto the road, and is illegal. HIDs have a different focal length than incandescent bulbs, and reflector type housings simply aren't designed for it. In short, projectors need to be retrofitted into the stock housings.

·
Registered
89 FWSD, 91 FWB, 88 FWBD'
65 Posts
I wanted to upgrade my Brougham's headlamps too. I knew acouple things were out there such as HID, LED and Xenon but I didn't really know the differences between them. I ended up going with these LED headlamps and I absolutely LOVE them. Plug right into the brougham, literally plug and play.

Original Halogen vs. LED:

Both LED's:

These are the ones I got. I saw them on another website for only 99.99 after I got them. Very happy :bouncy:
http://www.amazon.com/New-Brights-LED-Headlight-Conversion/dp/B00MOR4CCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427345081&sr=8-1&keywords=led+9004

Also, before anyone bashes that its in a reflector housing, I have NEVER been flashed by another driver, Never stopped by police, and I have driven toward my car in another car and it does Not blind you! Also brightest headlamps I've ever been behind, signs just seem to pop so much more nand be see from so much farther.

·
Registered
26,323 Posts
Your low beams aren't supposed to be aimed high enough to reflect brightly off of road signs. The difference in aim/beam pattern is very obvious in the first picture. Glare on one side, not the other.

It may not be really bad, and you may not have been flashed yet, but you should get the a checked and adjusted regardless.

·
Registered
1996 fleetwood
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's why I was asking if anybody has retrofitted hid or sales a kit but if I have to cut open my headlight and do it my self so be it I just want to have an extra headlight just incase lol

·
Registered
89 FWSD, 91 FWB, 88 FWBD'
65 Posts
Your low beams aren't supposed to be aimed high enough to reflect brightly off of road signs. The difference in aim/beam pattern is very obvious in the first picture. Glare on one side, not the other.

It may not be really bad, and you may not have been flashed yet, but you should get the a checked and adjusted regardless.
My garage is extremely Unlevel (no sarcasm)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts