Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in New york city and my tints are extremely dark and I am constantly getting pulled over and I think it's about time I put some hidden cameras inside my escalade in order to record every confrontation with the police.

My question is, where would be the best place to put them? I would like the camera's to record both driver and passenger door windows (since it's always usually 2 cops that approach the vehicle.

And.. what small hidden cam/s are best in order to do this?

(Any help is appreciated. Thanks)

I need to do this as soon as possible.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade and 2018 CTS-V
320 Posts
^ Agreed. Don't give them a reason to pull you over.

That being said, most in-car cameras are basically dash-cams that you can rotate when need be. If you really need something hidden you'll need to look at some spy shops. Something USB powered might work, like a camera-pen, and you'll likely have to find a mounting location yourself. I don't think you'll find a 'kit' or something made specifically for this purpose but you never know. Google goes a long way.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
I have legal tint yet still got flack from a Kentucky cop recently(I travel out of state at times)

Tennessee (my home state)cops never even bother me over it as the tint in they're patrol cars is way over the legal limit

I have been in Virginia and never got hassled over it(though I disconnect and remove my radar detector when I go there which is stupid really)

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,454 Posts
What could you possibly gain by recording the police pulling you over when you are knowingly breaking the law??

·
Registered
2007 STS-V, 2007 Escalade, 2003 Escalade EXT, 2014 ELR
825 Posts
What could you possibly gain by recording the police pulling you over when you are knowingly breaking the law??
I have an audio recorder app on my smartphone for use when dealing with LEO.

It's not that I'm doing anything wrong but in the past I used to get pulled over and hassled all the time when living in CA and the Vette used to be my daily driver. I was never doing anything wrong but I got tired of being accused of drinking every single time I was pulled over. I don't drink outside of the home and when I do it is very little. I do have allergies though so I do in the summer months have bloodshot eyes.

When it came to the drinking questions I've been told I'm lying, had my intelligence insulted with dumb questions, etc. It gets old.

I haven't had any problems since I left CA 8 years ago and since my Vette isn't my daily driver anymore.

Now if you are breaking the law then it isn't going to help you. However, if you're dealing with an abusive officer on a power trip, it could become quite valuable if you have to go to court and fight or need to file a complaint. I dealt with a few of those when I lived in CA. Never had an issue with local police, it was always the CHP (state troopers) that gave me problems.

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
I'd say removing the tint is going to be cheaper, both on the wallet, and your time (no longer getting pulled over).

My windows are dark, and I had to get a medical wavier to allow them to be what they are. Maybe you can try that route. VA had the forms on the DMV website, and I just printed it out, took to the doc and told him I had photophobia to sunlight. Bam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts