Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I finally get some free time coming up and I want to do some mods to my car. First tho I want to have everything planned out. I'm hoping for some input here please;

1. Has anyone ever gotten a ticket for having the higher K HIDS? Such as 10000 or 8000? I know they're not street legal but in a car like ours that comes with HIDs you could put in the 4600 no problem and never be bothered. I'm going to do the lows and fogs.

2. Where's the best place to install the ballast for the lows and fogs?

3. Since the bumper is coming off I'm thinking about putting on a V bumper. What is needed for this? Anything special?

4. Other then changing the brackets on the STS clear fogs back to the brackets for the CTS ones, any other surprises?

5. What size LED bulbs do I need for the front DRL and side markers? Bulb must be amber. Any problem with putting an LED in here? Such as blinking too fast? Would LED's really be a large difference?

6. Any tricks for installing WW clear side markers?

I think WW clear fogs look better but I'm not comfortable baking my fogs and would only do it with buying another set in case I messed them up. I can't justify buying another set of CTS fogs to experiment on and now just buying the STS fogs.

Thanks to all in advance.

Flip you're next on my list to hit up. It's gonna be audio time soon.

T

·
0 Posts
Ok so I finally get some free time coming up and I want to do some mods to my car. First tho I want to have everything planned out. I'm hoping for some input here please;

1. Has anyone ever gotten a ticket for having the higher K HIDS? Such as 10000 or 8000? I know they're not street legal but in a car like ours that comes with HIDs you could put in the 4600 no problem and never be bothered. I'm going to do the lows and fogs.

2. Where's the best place to install the ballast for the lows and fogs?

3. Since the bumper is coming off I'm thinking about putting on a V bumper. What is needed for this? Anything special?

4. Other then changing the brackets on the STS clear fogs back to the brackets for the CTS ones, any other surprises?

5. What size LED bulbs do I need for the front DRL and side markers? Bulb must be amber. Any problem with putting an LED in here? Such as blinking too fast? Would LED's really be a large difference?

6. Any tricks for installing WW clear side markers?

I think WW clear fogs look better but I'm not comfortable baking my fogs and would only do it with buying another set in case I messed them up. I can't justify buying another set of CTS fogs to experiment on and now just buying the STS fogs.

Thanks to all in advance.

Flip you're next on my list to hit up. It's gonna be audio time soon.
Wrestler07,

1) I have been running 8000k lows in my car for some time now, and have had no problem at all nor have any of my acquaintances who run high temperature bulbs such as 8000k-12000k.

2) The slim-fit ballasts from our kits in our group buy that we are offering can fit on top of the headlight housing itself. The ballasts for the fogs can be mounted on the fog housing as well.

3) As far as that goes, I do not know about that. Maybe one of the resident experts will chime in on that.

4) I believe my friend, Shawn (xocomaox), installed these and mentioned something about removing the brake vent attached to the STS-V fog. Not sure if the normal STS have a brake vent.

I will let another one of the resident experts field questions 5 and 6, and 3 for that matter, for you.

Thanks!

Mark
Top PSI Performance

·
Registered
2003 CTS
228 Posts
I just did the ww sidemarkers and had some difficulty, It's written up somewhere to bake them and I had no luck with that and warped one. I kept searching and reading here and I found that some people smashed them wit ha hammer. That turned out to work great, I hit the lens and housing all down the seam a few times and they popped off. Left a few pieces so I took a pocket knife and scraped off all that was left and sanded them a little.

I spray painted a housing body color and it didn't turn out, I got blue so that was a hard color to match and it looked terrible after putting the epoxy on top of the blue paint. It made it look wet. So I went back and just did it with leaving the housings grey.

Getting them off was tricky at first until I used the smash method.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
i was about to walk out to the driveway and do my WW sides just now...glad i saw this...
can i just use a hair dryer instead of baking them?? and then pry it off with a screw driver gradually?

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
anyone about the fogs, bumper, WW?
yeah sts-v brackets will work they just need some modding
observe the differences

2 bottem pieces and the snout are different :thumbsup:

very easy to make work and search for more info v-bumper and fogs for more info :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
For the bumper, go to CadillacFAQ.com, select CTS/CTS-V FAQ, then "Exterior", then "How do I install a V front end on a standard CTS". Full instructions with part numbers are included. Missing though, is the brake duct part numbers.

15140709 Left Brake Duct
15140710 Right Brake Duct

If you want to see the V bumper on a standard CTS in person, I'm in the Ashburn/Dulles area every Tues-Thurs.

Ody

·
Registered
2003 CTS
228 Posts
Here are some pics of the clear sidemarkers, they don't look as bright as the pics turned out. They fit in a lot better with the color of the rims and headlights in person then in the pic. They look great actually, I'm very pleased with the results. If only I didn't try the oven method and body color housing route first it would have been a very cheap mod.

Here is a bonus pic of the mats i just got from member here, I was worried about going with black in place of my stock grey ones but it was a good choice, it matches the 2 tone well.

·
Registered
Cadillac cts 07
125 Posts
im also looking for HIDs what k are the stock ones 4600k or 6000k ??? i just want them to be clear white.....i go clubbing a lot so i cant be getting pull over stupid HIDs cuz i might have some drinks on me lol

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
WW's w/ super white LED's & 8000K HID's

looks real clean. thanks wildwhl!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
why won't my attachments show up? they're only 36KB
+ i'm a supporting member. whats up?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
been happening quite a bit w/ everyone all over the forum ... not just u...

think it may be something with the program/software .... cus you're not supposed to see "last edited by" at the bottom of supporting members' posts, but you do.... software glitch probably....

..no worries... everyone can just click on the pics to open them in a new window and see them..

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WW's w/ super white LED's & 8000K HID's

looks real clean. thanks wildwhl!!!!!!
That does look clean. I think I'm going to buy another pair of fogs off of ebay to switch up just in case. Did you disable DRLs? Are the LED's in the DRL space white all the time? I think I'm going to go with the ones that switch to blink yellow.

·
Registered
821 Posts
no i didn't disable the drls.

my drls are white leds which are on during the day. the little corner lights in the headlight are white leds & my clear side markers are also while leds.

i did have the fast blink problem when i installed the leds but i put in a load capacitor and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
821 Posts
well, when i put in all of those leds (small little lights in the headlight, side markers, and drls) it started blinking really fast. so i put in a led load capacitor and it fixed the problem)

here is where i got it...

http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

and go with the...
6 OHM DELUXE ALUMINUM
50 watt LED Load Equalizer

they're $6.99 ea. you need one for each side & it'll fix the problem...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts