Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to take any good quality pics at night... Seems they all blur and look crappy no matter what settings on the cam I use.

If any one has some suggestions, I'm willing to try. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
The fogs are def. much brighter! Looks good!! What bulbs are us using for the small lights that are incased w/ the regular head lights?. Kinda off topic too, but what the heck are those for anyways?!

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
i used an hid conversion kit from xentec. went with the headlight high beams, low beams, and fogs. color: 8000K

shitty pics from my garage...

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
The rig looks hot as always dude.

Just better watch yourself hanging out up there by UPS neckin with your girl. :)

You know the Po- PO might roll up on you. I can see the Shinanigans all the way from Florida !! ;)

Get me a slice at Rosa's, or else I'll call her Moms and tell her what up.

You remind me of me back when there where no CTS's

:)

T

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
Too take night shots like those, You need to use a tripod to steady the cam. The darker the light the longer the shutter will stay open, Hence the more pronounced any movement will be. on the photo. You can't possibly hold the cam steady with those slow shutter speeds. Try with a tripod and use the delay snap shot feature. You know the one that delays the shot until you get into the frame. And you'll see dramatic improvements in your night shots.
Give it a try and let me know how you do

T

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
Jon

You have any shots with just the low beams and then with just the Fogs?

Like to see which of the two cast the most light on the roadway as the photo shows?

Nice pics
Any photo shopping?

T

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Jon

You have any shots with just the low beams and then with just the Fogs?

Like to see which of the two cast the most light on the roadway as the photo shows?

Nice pics
Any photo shopping?

T
No photoshopping at all.

Here's the best I can do.

8000k HID fogs vs stock halogen fogs:

Only HID fogs:

HID low beams and HID fogs:

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
yeah if your gonna do it you need to do both the fogs & the headlights (at least the low beams) so that they match...

install was pretty easy. just sucks taking off the bumper...

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
Bumper off? Do you have to take it off for the fogs or the headlamps or both?

Is there someone that has posted one of those step by step photo displays on here on the job?

I'll have to start searching around on the forum and see.

If anyone has any links handy send them along.

Thanks

T

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS Sport
48 Posts
Here comes two dumb questions.( Drum Roll Jon);)

I already have hids stock from Caddy, is there an easier way to just change out the bulbs? Also what bulbs do you guys recommend? what Temp?

Also any illustrations on the changing and conversion of the fogs to hid? O.K. That's 4 Questions albeit not all dumb Right, RIGHT Jon tell them it's not Dumb!!!

Steve feel free to help a brother out! ;))

T

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

I already have hids stock from Caddy, is there an easier way to just change out the bulbs? Also what bulbs do you guys recommend? what Temp?

Also any illustrations on the changing and conversion of the fogs to hid? O.K. That's 4 Questions albeit not all dumb Right, RIGHT Jon tell them it's not Dumb!!!

T

your answer below...
get his, he's sellin them cheap & they work, didnt receive much use, and also u know they'll work finely on our cars.

here i think... http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal/
jon's website with lots of tutorials and useful info + AMAZING pictures

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts

T

You're going to have to remove the bumper to remove the light housing to change the bulb on the low beams. It's the only way to do it. I'd recommend matching your fog lights. I did 10000k in the low beams, 8000k in the fogs. That looks good too.

And the other guys have posted pics to my bumper removal procedure. :)

If you're going to change the low beams, put the fogs on while the bumper is off. Otherwise, you can just put the fogs on by removing the plastic liner in the wheel well in front of the wheels. Just reach in, mount the ballast on the fog lamp bracket, then plug it all in.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts