Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
You have to be careful, the first auction that ended Dec 4th were Phillips, the others that are listed are GTEC. I have purchased many different brands over the past ten years, the only bulbs and ballasts I have had any luck with are Phillips or Hella. The most light output is 4300, that is what stock HID output is on new cars. Here are a few that sell them.

http://www.xenonpros.com/philips4300k.html

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=8

http://www.xenonking.com/philips_4300.htm

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2007 Escalade, 2008 CTS4
148 Posts
you will need some new wiring in order to get it working since your truck doesn´t have HID´s

·
Registered
175 Posts
hcvone said:
You have to be careful, the first auction that ended Dec 4th were Phillips, the others that are listed are GTEC. I have purchased many different brands over the past ten years, the only bulbs and ballasts I have had any luck with are Phillips or Hella. The most light output is 4300, that is what stock HID output is on new cars. Here are a few that sell them.
Is 4300k what comes factory in the escalade?

I see some of the kits have a bixenon high+low beam. Does this mean there are two xenon bulbs and two ballasts. So could you effectively have xenon low beam and fog lights?

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2007 Escalade, 2008 CTS4
148 Posts
csmooth79 said:

I see some of the kits have a bixenon high+low beam. Does this mean there are two xenon bulbs and two ballasts. So could you effectively have xenon low beam and fog lights?
Yes, 4300K is from factory.
A true bixenon setup uses the same bulb for high/low beam.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
csmooth79 said:
As said 4300k is what factory HID bulbs are. I have HID low beams (stock) I have added HID high beams, and I have HID fogs too, so yes I have a ballast for each light, 6 ballasts. On my 03' all four lights (high beams and low beams) are on when using the high beams, I have to say it's like day time. ;)

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hcvone said:
As said 4300k is what factory HID bulbs are. I have HID low beams (stock) I have added HID high beams, and I have HID fogs too, so yes I have a ballast for each light, 6 ballasts. On my 03' all four lights (high beams and low beams) are on when using the high beams, I have to say it's like day time. ;)
how did you get the fogs to stay on with the high beams?

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
The fogs do not stay on with the high beams, they are on with the low beams, when the high beams are on the low beams are on also, so all four headlights are on with the high beams.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts