Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched but didnt really find what i needed. im considering getting HIDS for the high beams now. i changed all interior lights to white LEDs. put LEDs in the reverse lamps. LED in the lights under the side view mirrors. now everything looks great except for when i press my unlock button and i have piss yellow highs that come on. im pretty sure the stock HID lows are 4,300. for anyone thats put HIDs in the high beams, what temp did you go with so that theyre brighter then the lows

·
Registered
04' Escalade
34 Posts
I'm curious to see what you found out on HID High Beams? I just bought a 2004 and have to say I was highly disappointed when I hit the high beams and all I had was cloudy yellow light :helpless: I fully expected an even brighter pure white light like the low beams. If you do find something that works let me know,

Matt

·
Registered
Escalade
58 Posts
I'm sure you can throw in another escalade hid-d1r ballast and bulb system for the high beams (that's what the stock low beams are) since the high beams aren't a brighter bulb. They just have a higher tilt angle than low beams. I just replaced my low beams from the 4300k to 8000k and almost don't even need high beams! I am planning on replacing my high beams in the near future and will let you know what I end up doing!

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
.....I just replaced my low beams from the 4300k to 8000k and almost don't even need high beams!......
Assuming both kits were 55w you went from just over 5000 lumens with the 4300k, to approximately 4500 lumens with the 8000k. I would think since you've cut your luminous light output by 500 you'd find your high beams especially useful. :rolleyes:

eta: if you decide to add high beam HIDs you won't be able to use your high beams to flash other drivers, because the lights take time to warm up and reach their full output. Also cycling the high beams on and off frequently will shorten the life of the bulbs and ballasts. Just a caveat.

·
Registered
03 EsCalAdE
14 Posts
i was also really disapointed when i turned on the highs for the first time and they were the nasty yellow, now i dont really know much about "HID's" to upgrade the high beams i would need to buy bulbs/ballasts?

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
If you want to upgrade your yellow bulbs to HID you will need bulbs, ballasts, and the associated wiring. Easiest thing to do is to purchase an HID retro fit kit. You can find them all over the place from $35-$200. I think the best thing to find is a vendor that won't up and dissapear on you when you need to collect on the warranty.

www.sharphid.com is one of our supporting vendors. He offers lifetime warranties on his kits at a reasonable price. I would avoid EBAY like the plague. The HID vendors on EBAY come and go all the time. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
think im just gonna keep the stock bulbs, valid points about having to warm up ect, and theyre not a brighter bulb, just aimed higher. i was thinking of changing the stock lows to 6,000k. i had 6Ks and 8ks in my CTS. the 6ks were great, the 8ks didnt have enough light output for my liking. not sure how theyll look in the escalade though because the CTS has projector headlights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts