Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS 2.8
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I ordered the dual halo headlights and installed a HID kit. Worked fine for a week but now the passenger side light turns on for a second the goes out and stays out. Even when I manually turn them back off and on it does the same thing. Checked the fuse and it's fine. I know the first suggestion is going to be to use a relay but I installed the hid ballast inside the housing and don't want to drill through the cap. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Or what could be wrong?

·
Registered
2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
722 Posts
bigd102683 said:
Hey guys. I ordered the dual halo headlights and installed a HID kit. Worked fine for a week but now the passenger side light turns on for a second the goes out and stays out. Even when I manually turn them back off and on it does the same thing. Checked the fuse and it's fine. I know the first suggestion is going to be to use a relay but I installed the hid ballast inside the housing and don't want to drill through the cap. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Or what could be wrong?
Try flipping the connector to reverse the polarity.

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
Big D,

I Too just installed 55watt hid kits
On my car also and installed the ballasts inside the housing. I have never had issues with hid kits until now. Mine would not always come on shut off etc. So upon my investigation I have found that you need to turn off the auto light control of the lights because the starting takes priority over lights etc. So the ballasts are not getting the full power. Furthermore, the ballasts I have seem to put out allot of heat and most ballasts should have a heat overload protector so maybe its kicking them off. If mine continues to shut down I think I will have to move them outside and I will install an inline relay kit so the power is pulled from the battery directly but controlled by the headlight socket. As you know its a process to remove the front bumper I may just put stocks back.

Good luck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts