Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the bulb that was expensive enough!! I took it all apart plugged in the new bulb and of course guess what it does not work either. Now the old bulb looks blown but where do i go from here?? What should i try next?? Any advice would be helpful!! Thanks

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Is it oem HID?
The bub will be black and grey in the round air bubble section when its blown.
Chances are your ballat is blown. In the V section there is a writeup on hoew to fix it with a ebay replacement for about $50. Dealer wants $380 for a new 1.

·
Registered
cts 2003
44 Posts
I am experiencing an issue also with my headlight, it is flickering and it turns off at times... I think there is a loose connection but I do not how to access the head light to tighten or to change the bulb if necessary, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
YMT- in my experience, flickering means balast is on its way out, color changing is usually the bulb on its way out.
To change the balast bumper has to come off, to change the bulbs airbox comes out and fuse box needs to be moved to reach in.

·
Registered
cts 2003
44 Posts
thank you ghettomike, I'm pretty sure its the balast then, any suggestions on where to get the part for cheap.. or any salvage yards that you frequent here in the GTA?

·
Registered
cts 2003
44 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,487 Posts
If this is factory HID then yes, replace ballast with aftermarket as the OEM is way too expensive.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
thank you ghettomike, I'm pretty sure its the balast then, any suggestions on where to get the part for cheap.. or any salvage yards that you frequent here in the GTA?
I must ask, did you check the fuses? There is one fuse for each of the low beam and high beam bulbs. Which is a total of 4 fuses of course.

KOT

·
Registered
cts 2003
44 Posts
I must ask, did you check the fuses? There is one fuse for each of the low beam and high beam bulbs. Which is a total of 4 fuses of course.

KOT
Yes I did check them and they were all fine. However I tightened the screws for the fuse box and the flickering went away completely!:thumbsup: I hope it isnt a temporary fix

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It may sound stupid but do you know where the fuse is located?? Is it under the hood I would say it's not the fuse just because it flickered quite a bit then went out but I will for sure check... Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts