Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day that one low beam was dim and really purple as compared to the typical blueish purple color. And eventually, the light just shuts off. It comes back on for a few seconds if I turn them on and off. I wonder if the ballasts are damaged or if the bulb is about to go out.

As a side note, I have a lot of electrical stuff like a huge stereo that draws a lot of power, 4 air compressor for air bags and other random stuff like dvd and alarm. Does the huge power draw cause eventual damage to the ballasts or is it just time to replace the bulb?

·
Registered
03 Escalade
336 Posts
Could be a ballast issue?

One way to confirm that would be to swap your bulbs, left to right or vice versa, if you get the same effect on the swap, its your bulb, if the good bulb does the same thing, its your ballast.

Good luck.

PS: its very easy to remove your head lights, take the top 3 tabs off the radiator shroud, small flat head, pop up the pin/remove/take out clips all 3 of them, then just lift up, the grill and shroud come out together, from there each headlight has to medal pull/slide tabs, take them out and the headlight is ready for a bulb swap, full removal, whatever...

Let us know how ya make out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts