Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
There are the DRL lights which are the turn signals, and are orange. Then there are the fog lights which are a halogen yellow.

If you put in HID (bulb type 9005) in the fog lights, then you will get a nice bright white/blue color. Now, you can certainly keep your old halogen bulbs from you old DRL and put them in the sts-v fog to make the turn signal not orange and at the same time lose the eggyolk effect (orange looking inside of the sts-v lamp). If you still want amber turn signals and DRL, you can get silver coated amber lit bulbs to put in there to remove eggyolk effect. You can also put in amber or white LEDs which will give you the same effect. (keep in mine, you will need 25w load resistors.)

You can also disable the DRL from being on during the day by reading the FAQ at www.cadillacfaq.com .

· Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Well, it depends.

If you disable DRL and have the original bulb (not the bulb which comes with the sts-v fogs) in there, there will be no egg yolk effect but you will get a white turn signal. If you keep the amber bulb, you will get eggyolk effect but an amber signal.

It all depends on if you care what color your turn signals are. I personally hate DRL's especially with clear fogs.

· Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
You wont see threw it like the clear WW fogs cause the STS-V ones are diffused. You can use the same bulbs I have and im almost positive you wont be able to see them threw the lense tho.
If you use amber colored bulbs in sts-v fogs they eggyolk. Trust me it looks bad, I have already tried with mine.

I'm using these suckers in my DRL and they are super-clean:

· Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Are those the LEDs that when they are on they are white light and then amber when they blink?
No, those are just amber LEDs and all they do is blink since I removed the DRL option. No use having clear fogs if you still have amber lights behind them while you drive!

I think luv trid to do the white on, amber blinking switch you can get off autolumination but he never got it to work. Personally, I think DRL looks bad on these cars.

· Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Disabled DRL's for the win. LED turn signals = best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.