Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Escalade
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the HID 55 watt fogs from SharpHID they say you can just plug and play but just have to strap the ballast somewhere .is this true I don't need a relay or harness or anything? Is it because they are just Foglights just trying to make sure.i can't wait to finally get some light from the fogs
Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade Base
380 Posts
55w will be brighter than you will probably have hoped for and will probably require a wiring harness. I would go with a 35w 5000k HID kit to match your headlights instead of the 55w kit which will abnoxiously bright.

·
Registered
2011 Escalade AWD Premium
81 Posts
I have 55w HID kit in my fogs. They are awesome and very bright! I used double sided tape to stick it to that black plastic thing under the front end.

·
Registered
2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
263 Posts
I have the 35 watt, 6000k and I get flashed most of the time when used with the main lights. With the 35 watt no relay, however for the 55w you will need the relay due to more power draw. Try it with out relay, install if you get flickering or lights not coming on then relay is required. Otherwise its plug and play 1 hr tops. Make sure to place ballasts high up, otherwise they may short out. Even though they say are waterproof they are not entirely WP on my second set now.

I have the 55watt on CTS fogs and they are super bright, actually too bright.

Good luck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts