Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where did you get yours? I searched, but results were erratic.

Are 8k (or what) the closest to matching the factory headlights? I want to match, and plug and play. I plan on baking my old lens covers out asap and hooking up the clear lenses and want the cleanest look possible obviously.

Also, what do you replace the bulbs for the DRL's with? The ones that are silver when not on, but yellow when they light up? Or something else?

I'm looking for direct links please.

·
Registered
Cadillac
263 Posts
These are pretty close to what I got for my fogs. You need an H10 size bulb, and 4700k or 5000k is the closest to the stock color you will get. I got 6000k, and they are more blueish than my headlights (the higher color temperatures are really blue, even a little purple)

I haven't relplaced my DRL bulbs, but they are a 3157 bulb. Hopefully that helps...

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
I picked up my HID's for my fog lights from SharpHID I got the H10 kit in 4300K. It's a really close match. He also carries the silver bulbs that you can replace your DRL's with so that there isn't an orange tint when the bulbs are off.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
DO NOT go over 4300K

·
Registered
Cadillac
203 Posts
4300-5000k im using 6k all around it has a light Blue tint. i bought mine from ebay the FOGs for like 55-60 shipped no issues yet.

The DRL bulbs you want are th sylvania silverstars.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
Great thread, lolly! :thumbsup:

Now, start another one on where to find the buck$.

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts
^^ I agree that looks sweet but is it a little too bright at night time? Is anybody flashing their brights at you?

·
Registered
04 CTS-V
935 Posts
people are flashing me constantly with 5000k fogs and stock lows

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are pretty close to what I got for my fogs. You need an H10 size bulb, and 4700k or 5000k is the closest to the stock color you will get. I got 6000k, and they are more blueish than my headlights (the higher color temperatures are really blue, even a little purple)

I haven't relplaced my DRL bulbs, but they are a 3157 bulb. Hopefully that helps...
Where are you guys putting the balas? Bolt it to something? Tape it up?

I picked up my HID's for my fog lights from SharpHID I got the H10 kit in 4300K. It's a really close match. He also carries the silver bulbs that you can replace your DRL's with so that there isn't an orange tint when the bulbs are off.
Thanks man!

DO NOT go over 4300K
Ok sounds like this is the way to go to keep as close to your factory bulbs as possible.

The DRL bulbs you want are the sylvania silverstars.
Thank you Sir!

Great thread, lolly! :thumbsup:
Now, start another one on where to find the buck$.
You mean: The buck$ for the axles? :)

The cleanest look is 10k lows and 8k fogs IMHO ;)
Looks badass, but I wonder the same thing that JD03 is saying, do you ever get brighted?

Is the small corner light in the headlights just need to be replaced with a 194 LED light? Looking for white, not the stock yellow tint.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I did it through the wheel well. Its kinda tight, and I just wedged them in there. Maybe zip tie them to something.
And somebody tell Luv to stop posting pictures of his rims,,,,we've all senn them 100 times.
Its like he"s mocking people.......

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok cool. Thanks!

Is the small corner light in the headlights just need to be replaced with a 194 LED light? Looking for white, not the stock yellow tint.

35w or 55w for the H10 fogs??

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
^^ I agree that looks sweet but is it a little too bright at night time? Is anybody flashing their brights at you?
yeah but they did before too

Looks badass, but I wonder the same thing that JD03 is saying, do you ever get brighted?
Oh yes but 1 in 30 people are *******s any way just point the fogs down as much as possible and ur good

I did it through the wheel well. Its kinda tight, and I just wedged them in there. Maybe zip tie them to something.
And somebody tell Luv to stop posting pictures of his rims,,,,we've all senn them 100 times.
Its like he"s mocking people.......
Grass is always greener my friend

Btw I had 8k in low and 8k in the fogs on my regular cts and im not sure which i liked better for low's so either 8 or 10 works imo (10 is pretty blue tinted compared to stock 8 is just really white leaning towards blue )

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't need a wiring harness, correct? These all come with everything you need?

Also, did I hear/read something about having to plug something in backwards at some point?

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Thunder Gray 6MT
2,122 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts