Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been through the ringer with my 2001 Deville DTS, everything from changing the air ride suspension to standard shocks and struts to hub bearings, and finally put my foot down at the head gasket. My 2004 CTS is now on the edge of being rust scrap, or do I embark on a new journey with welding and salvage my "NEW to me" Caddy?

IMG-0018.JPG IMG-0021.JPG IMG-0017.JPG

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,106 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!! Please update your profile to show cars, location, time zone, etc..

Do we assume that you no longer own the Deville ? (None of our FWD Northstar cars ever had "air ride" suspension. They do have rear electronic level control - ELC.)

If the rust pictures are of the CTS then the question belongs up in the correct CTS year group forum.

Please reply and I'll move this to CTS 1st gen.

.............. in any event that rust problem is severe. Severe.

From one of your other posts it looks like you're in the Minneapolis area - that might explain the rust problem(s)...............

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,754 Posts
Welcome...wish it was under better circumstances for you though. First, the rust is repairable, but what you now see will be somewhat more extensive along the rail, most likely not a lot more but some. If you like the car, and it is in good condition then I would get that repaired. Your's is quite damaged by rust in that spot, but nothing that a good welder would not be able to fix and have it pass safety inspection. That is what I did with my 2004 SRX that has spent time on salted winter roads. Your rust area is somewhat unusual being near the middle of the frame rail. From what I've seen the area that typically rusts is at the front of the rail just before in turns up to the engine, and usually on the driver's side.

Un 1.jpg

Un 3.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts