Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for a caddy. Im looking for performance with class. I cant seem to find any major Performance vendors for the STS or Eldo. Which is Faster in the 0-60 and 1/4. The STS or the eldo. The years that i am looking for it the 93-97 ones. Also, are there any Superchargers or Turbochargers made for these cars? Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
not much of an aftermarket.... but in general the ETC is faster than the STS of of the same year cus the Eldo is just a little lighter

·
Registered
253 Posts
jobambo said:
Im in the market for a caddy. Im looking for performance with class. I cant seem to find any major Performance vendors for the STS or Eldo. Which is Faster in the 0-60 and 1/4. The STS or the eldo. The years that i am looking for it the 93-97 ones. Also, are there any Superchargers or Turbochargers made for these cars? Thanks
A little bird once told me that the 96s are the fastest. Best HP to weight ratio. I believe that's also the same year that they cleaned up the suspension for a smoother ride. Upgraded dash design (if you want to put in an aftermarket radio, you might want to pick something 95 or older and save yourself some aggravation). Superchips makes a chip for 93-95 (96 and up is assed out because of OBD-II). They have twin turbo kits - for sand cars only because the piping doesn't fit under the hood. There is someone working on a supercharger, but I think the project is on hold for now (it seems pretty close to done, though). There are ported heads yielding about 80HP, but you can't do that unless you upgrade the injectors, rails, MAF and computer. :banghead: If you're looking for a readily upgradable car, this ain't the one. Not only is the stuff hard to find, but if you do find it expect between a $3-4000 price tag. The good news is they say the trans is good to 450HP, so you [shouldn't] have to replace it if you decide to add 100HP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts