Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2014 ELR fully loaded baby!
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 14 ELR and I want to add a better sub to the trunk than that pancake that came with the car. I'm not looking to be heard from 2 blocks away but I'd like a bit more thump. I bought an Infinity Primus 3000a 300W amp and an Infinity Kappa 800W sub. Originally I wanted to mount it in the same location as the pancake but it's not possible so I bought a box to put it in. After wiring it all up I've discovered it's not even as loud as the pancake!! I must have done something wrong but I don't know what. The amp comes with both RCA inputs and High-level audio inputs, I used the High-level since the CUE doesn't have RCA outputs. With that wiring is + - for the L & R channels and a ground. The sub wiring from the car is only two wires so I must have it wrong here. I connected both L/R + to one side of the car's wiring and L/R - to the other. Any help is appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.