Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Deville and today I noticed that when I'm using the turn signal lever for a left turn, the hi beam comes on.
(and I'm not pulling the lever)
I then have to move the lever to get the hi beam off.
I doesn't do this on a right turn.
I have got no clue what seems the be the problem.
Anyone recognizing this problem?
Please help.

greetings

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
20,220 Posts
worn out lever?

·
Registered
2000 Deville
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmm, could be.
I'll look into that.
I find it strange that the problem only appears when using the lever to the left....

·
Registered
2000 DeVille
39 Posts
Same with my 2000 DeVille, except the reverse. Hi beams come on with a right turn. This has been an occurrence for many years. I just ignore it. Too lazy to do anything about it.

·
2004 Deville base
'05 SRX N*/AWD, Vetts/Birds/Trucks
433 Posts
Something is amiss in here:
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2413962&cc=1423808&jsn=544&jsn=544

Old cars, before the 'multi-function lever' madness, had a cam/spring return. Maybe $5 to fix.

Now $100. Jeez.

Maybe it can come apart/be fixed? IDK, have not done one of these, but, plastic wears/embrittles, and fixes are hard won.
You have only your best guess/McGuyver DIY effort, there are 0 parts for the innards. But, I have fixed a lot of junk.

For me, it is a trip to the 'Mens Mall' pick-a-part haven, and $5-$10. Not a lot of options on this.
Sometimes I get 2, if I feel lucky on a fix, just in case I break the damn thing trying.

THEN, I futz around with MY car, I do not like breaking my stuff, with 0 prep/options.
Sometimes, you break stuff getting to the bad part, it is all old and crusty, and fragile.
Not a good time at all.

·
Registered
2000 Deville Base, 2019 Corvette GS
1,156 Posts
I have a 2000 Deville and today I noticed that when I'm using the turn signal lever for a left turn, the hi beam comes on.
Same with my 2000 DeVille, except the reverse. Hi beams come on with a right turn..
I have a 2000 Deville also and my car does none of this shit!.. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts