Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone -

After searching and searching I finally found you guys!! - -But since you have been around for a while, I must really suck at searching! :)

Anyway, I bought a CTS in May, and I really like it, I have a 112 mile round trip daily commute from PA to New Jersey, and needed a dependable car to make that haul in. Not to mention a dang nice one!

I had too many miles on my 1995 Impala SS, (182,000) and I sold it, ( it was in mint condition, and got a great $$ for it). It was either rebuild/replace the engine and a whole bunch of other stuff, or sell it and get a car that I could rely on.

So here I am. Quite a difference from my LT1 powered behemoth of a car, but that's ok.

Anyway, I hope to lurk here a while and pick up on anything that's new in CTS land. I am interested in what anybody plans on doing come snow-time. Does this car perform awfully in the snow?

Also I want to see what's up with any modifications, be it engine, or body, etc.

Coming from an Impala SS, the first thing you do once you get home with the SS is to start modifying it. I don't go overboard, but I like to make my cars a little different from the norm.

Ohwell, I ramble.

Hope to talk to you guys soon, when I have something to add.

Jerry

·
Registered
06 STS AWD/00 STS
60 Posts
Welcome Jerry SS. I also owned a 1995 Impala SS. Since new, i put on 194,550 miles and replaced many worn out engine parts. Itruly enjoyed the car. Kept it for 3 years, then traded it in for a 98 Concoures Deville.The SS i think a Chicago taxi cab by now :histeric: Any way, again welcome!

·
Registered
just one
1,386 Posts
CADDYDEN said:
Welcome Jerry SS. I also owned a 1995 Impala SS. Since new, i put on 194,550 miles and replaced many worn out engine parts. Itruly enjoyed the car. Kept it for 3 years, then traded it in for a 98 Concoures Deville.The SS i think a Chicago taxi cab by now :histeric: Any way, again welcome!
My coworker was telling me about his SS the other day...he said he cried the day he had to trade it in because he needed something with for wheel drive because he worked in northern new hampshire....they have quite a following.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone - -

yeah, it was a tough decision, (selling the SS) becasue there were really not many cars that really piqued my interest. I was between the Infiniti G35, and the Nissan Maxima, and the CTS - - but at heart, I suppose I always knew it would be the Caddy. I am a GM person at heart.

I enjoyed the SS a lot, it was a true Hobby car, and it made quite road prescence, but the constant upkeep grew tiresome after a while, and i no longer could really rely on it.

So, here I am.

I am probably going to swap out the wheels the next time I need tires, and most likely keep the stockers for snow tires - -but that won't happen until next year, so I am going to muddle through this winter with some 45lb plates in the trunk!

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts