Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally washed and waxed my car (bout 1 month after I bought it) and I found out that the old man before me really didn't wash or wax it too much. The paint was oxidized to all hell. It cleaned up nice though with a healty dose of clear coat cleaner, polish, and wax. (I recommend Meguiar's products, they work wonders!) So now shes all shiny and nice looking, but the vinyl top, well she's 18 years old. Shes not ripped, and not faded, but you know, shes old. So taking a tip I learned, I used silicone (like the tire wet stuff) on it. I've been told that professional detailers use silicone instead of armor all or like products on vinyl, dashboards, plastic, etc because it does not attract dust or dirt like armor all. In anycase, it looks beautiful! Almost brand new. However, as you all surely know, if you get silicone on your fresh wax job, it leaves little speckles that you cant get out unless you wash/wax again. Well today it rained, and what silicone got washed off splattered all over my nice new wax job. Needless to say, I'm annoyed.

So what do you guys use to shine up your vinyl tops on your caddys? I'm looking for something that doesn't stain when it rains, yet gives me the shine of silicone.

·
Registered
1993 Sixty Special
44 Posts
Actually, that stuff is not the best for your top, secpecially if it's that old. It'll bake into the top and dry it out.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I would check the past threads in this section i know there was one awhile about about viynal top cleaning and how to

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Kevin (katshot) has mentioned the best thing to clean the top with is MOP-N-GLOW...... Cant say anything about it from experience, but he knows his stuff!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts