Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Hey ralph!! I just now saw this, because i dont normally just peruse the forums. The only way to tell the difference between a 94-94 and a 90-93 is by the front end. The 90-93 basically loks like it doesnt have a grille, and the 94-96 looks like mine.

By any change did you see if any of them were Q45a or Q45t :D

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my friend that I was with pointed it out to me, unfortunately I never saw which model it was, but it reminded me of the new Infinity M45 for some reason, which is a good lookin' automobile. I've never seen another and probably because in our city of 210,000 people, we do not have a dealership for them.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
I don't remember what your Q looks like, Wes.. But the only thing I don't like about the Q's is the grill. Everything else looks cool. The sides, the back - class, class, class.. But that grill.. What they heck were they thinking? It's the "face" of the car!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Are you talking about my model, or the older ones??? I personally like the one on mine, but on the older ones it is basically non existent.... Some like it, but i dont.

Although, it has been said that the 90-93 Qs are the most powerful ever. 278hp, completely stock have been dyno-ed at almost 290 AT THE WHEELS!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Ralph, your caddy wouldnt stand a chance!!! :D

278hp, 298ft/lbs. Although its rated at that, people have dynoed them (stock), and run at about 300hp. Apparently they gradually worked their way down to 278 until 1996 (because of the deleted variable valve timing, OBDII, and increased emissions requirements), the last year for the VH45DE engine in the Qs.

That picture does look like a town car, i didnt notice that!! When you look at it face on, it looks more like a BMW than anything.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
elwesso said:
Ralph, your caddy wouldnt stand a chance!!! :D

278hp, 298ft/lbs. Although its rated at that, people have dynoed them (stock), and run at about 300hp. Apparently they gradually worked their way down to 278 until 1996 (because of the deleted variable valve timing, OBDII, and increased emissions requirements), the last year for the VH45DE engine in the Qs.

That picture does look like a town car, i didnt notice that!! When you look at it face on, it looks more like a BMW than anything.
Hey, what's that Lincoln Town Car doing on our Caddy Forum? Lets get 'em! :D :cool: Gez I didn't know they had that kind of guts, that is more powerful than mine. But you are probably burning oil or something. LOL:cool:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Yeah, OK RALPH. You just come down from canadia, and talk this out :histeric:

My car doesnt have the head gasket problem AND the case half leak....!!! Not a drop of oil has been burned over the last 120,000 (yes, the oil has been changed every 90 days) miles :D

Take that :nyanya:

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Because cadillacs actually FEEL like a luxuary car.... Regardless of the features it has, the Japs just cant make a TRUE LUXUARY CAR IMO..... Ill be keeping this for a while, because i cant afford to pay for maintenance of a caddy..... Besides there are Qs with 245k and only 1 tranny and origional engine.....

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
And theres nothing wrong with being a closet ricer :D

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I know everybody drools for the BMW and Mercedes, Lexus, but none of those are actually DESIGNED for a smooth ride. Beamers are very firm and so are the E series Benz. They are designed this way for the autobahn. A couple weekends ago I drove my parents to Regina (provinces capital), anyway I made my syepdad look at the new Mercedes S class. Now he just bought a new DTS, and HATES any foreign car, but he sat in it and loved it, except for the "hard seats!!" But overall, American luxury cars are designed to soft and supple.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
And IMO, thats how their supposed to be....

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right on Ricer Dude! I mean, if I'm going to rob a bank and want handelling I will take a BMW and get a sore back in the process. (hehe) When I want a smooth floaty cloud 9 ride, I'll recommend Cadillac anyday. Mind you, the DTS, isn't that one supposed to be able to run with the BIG EURO BOYS?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I dont think cadillac is trying to compete with the european market, or the japanese..... I think they are playing their own game, and whether its working or not thats another story....

I do think their making strides in the right direction (CTS, XLR, SRX, etc....)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
We cant also forget hard seats that your legs stick to in the summer.....

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At least in cars like these, you don't stick too badly to the seats with the AC on. !#*% that reminds me I have to fix my AC before it gets hot out! Does your Q have leather, and are there any special or different options yours has that are totally unique FROM a Cadillac, because maybe I'll trade ya.LOL

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
About this Discussion
35 Replies
5 Participants
Ralph