Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and saw Fast & Furious. I hate to say it but I actually enjoyed it. They're really moving away from what the films used to be about. More storyline, more muscle cars. Lots of action, much more believable than the old ones. Plus Vin Diesel's back in this one and IMO puts on a great show. Two thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I checked out the cars in the movie at edmunds.com. With a Grand National, a '70 Chevelle SS 454 and the '70 Charger back, I'll probably see it. If the cars are cool, I don't care if there's no plot.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I'll probably shell out the $18 for tickets and popcorn at some point..

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
My sister recently got a job at the movie theater down the street from me so I get to see it for free. Another plus, she brings home huge bags of popcorn every night. :2thumbs:

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
I thought it was pretty forgettable. The opening scene took the CGI a little too far as far as I'm concerned, and I thought the movie should have stuck more closely to the original theme myself. The whole thing seemed a little far fetched and formulaic. A little "You're off the case"ish if you will.

Of the two movies that debuted this weekend, Adventureland would actually be my choice. The amazing thing is, Fast and Furious is on track to beat Watchmen's opening weekend.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6 (Venus) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
I had heard there was a lot of CGI in this movie. Although one of my best friends does this for a living (his credits include Men in Black, Star Wars I and II, Superman Returns and Monsters vs. Aliens), I'm not a fan of CGI for car chases. Do it real, the way Steve McQueen did in Bullitt.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
I'm waiting for it to hit the dollar theater in my town... Movies are a dollar, but the drinks and popcorn are ridiculous.... Right now, I can barely afford anything, or that's my mindset anyway so I can save money for later on.

·
Registered
Hyundai Elantra
18,816 Posts
I saw it at midnight on Thursday. Pretty decent movie IMO. I loved they FINALLY put more muscle in plus that Charger is :drool: Also I am a big Paul Walker fan :D I was glad that Brian and Mia got back together :thumbsup:

Gary, there was a lot of CGI, my eyes hurt at times since I know how they do that stuff. It annoys me...

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I'll wait until it airs 20 times a week on cable and watch it in 10 minute segments over a month.
:lol:

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,705 Posts
Crap...THAT's funny!

·
Registered
09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!
2,460 Posts
I really can't get myself to go see it at the theater. For a Grand National owner, hearing that Regal with a "V8 with Thrush Turbo's sound" is like sitting through a root canal without novacaine. Even the Mopar in me was insulted when I found out the Charger has a carbureted chevrolet small block in it with a fake 6-71 blower over top. I'll prolly see it sometime.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I saw monsters vs aliens over the weekend with my daughter, we saw the IMAX 3d version. It was awesome.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Last night while changing my Son's diaper, I made engine revving and BOV sounds while looking at the poo- it was just like seeing F&F, but I saved myself 18 bucks and only had to endure it for 30 seconds as opposed to 90 minutes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts