Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted about my AC not working...all two of you were great in your answers and I truly appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Guess what...got my oil changed and a week later I was driving on surface streets. Stopped at a red light and...while waiting the AC fan started working...go figure. Welcomed the fan working but the AC didn't work...blowing semi-hot air. Ummmmmm. Got the temp set to 60 degrees..still nothing.

I'm thinking I'm out of whatever refrigerant they use..is this possible after 12 months? Should I get it re-charged? If so should I go to an independant or the dealer? What refrigerate rating are they using for this car??? I don't want to get ripped off.

I love the car...but things are happening.

I was rambling around Hollywood housing at midnight and came upon a picture of Angelina Jolie wearing Brad Pitts socks. Wow...now if I can only get her to sign it.

·
Registered
'91 Fleetwood Coupe, '95 SLS
196 Posts
TheBigHoopTe said:
Posted about my AC not working...all two of you were great in your answers and I truly appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Guess what...got my oil changed and a week later I was driving on surface streets. Stopped at a red light and...while waiting the AC fan started working...go figure. Welcomed the fan working but the AC didn't work...blowing semi-hot air. Ummmmmm. Got the temp set to 60 degrees..still nothing.

I'm thinking I'm out of whatever refrigerant they use..is this possible after 12 months? Should I get it re-charged? If so should I go to an independant or the dealer? What refrigerate rating are they using for this car??? I don't want to get ripped off.

I love the car...but things are happening.

I was rambling around Hollywood housing at midnight and came upon a picture of Angelina Jolie wearing Brad Pitts socks. Wow...now if I can only get her to sign it.
~ Sometimes all you need to do is hit the Fan Motor with a Hammer and Low and Behold it Works! Sometimes when it sits for a while (like my RV) thats all it takes!

Skullman {:{}

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Have you checked your codes through the OBD? If you refrigerant is low, and it is tripping the sensor, then you should have a low refrigerant code. You vehicle should be using r134a refrigerant.

It is possible to lose your charge in 12 months if you have a leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts