Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2012 cts v coupe
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just purchased a 2012 cts v coupe with 22k on it,was trying to find out what things i should know about this car? i saw they have ac delco two piece rotors that looked good? are they a direct replacement? thanks guys heres some pics also where is the best place to get the v logo mats? thanks guys

----------

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Welcome.

Use AutoAnything for the Lloyds mats. Link through befrugal.com for 4% rebate. Use code 20welcome for 20% off. Net price for 4 with logo will be under $100 delivered. Don't believe that 2 piece rotors are stock. Mine didn't come with them. Next purchase should be an AirAid CAI.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2012 cts v
16 Posts
Yu cannot beat Weather-Tech mats. I have a 12 coupe so I only bought the front set. There is no
way any gravel or liquid will run off these mats onto your carpet.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2012 cts v coupe
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome
Use AutoAnything for the Lloyds mats. Link through befrugal.com for 4% rebate. Use code 20welcome for 20% off. Net price for 4 with logo will be under $100 delivered. Don't believe that 2 piece rotors are stock. Mine didn't come with them. Next purchase should be an AirAid CAI.

Enjoy.
Hey thank you, what are the 2 piece rotors? mine dont have them either, if i buy them are they a direct fit? also thanks for the info for the mats what is the binding edge? did you guys get it done to them?

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
CVP33 said:
Welcome. Use AutoAnything for the Lloyds mats. Link through befrugal.com for 4% rebate. Use code 20welcome for 20% off. Net price for 4 with logo will be under $100 delivered. Don't believe that 2 piece rotors are stock. Mine didn't come with them. Next purchase should be an AirAid CAI. Enjoy.
My mistake. CVP33 is correct, 2 piece rotors were introduced as standard equipment in 2013.

·
Registered
17 Escalade,17 Chevy SS,88Corvette,71Corvette
458 Posts
Congrats on the buy!! Noticed you bought it from an Infiniti dealer....got my 12 off of an Infiniti dealer as well. Wishing you many happy sMiles!!

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Hey thank you, what are the 2 piece rotors? mine dont have them either, if i buy them are they a direct fit? also thanks for the info for the mats what is the binding edge? did you guys get it done to them?
Best prices I've seen have been through Amazon, although a local Chevy dealer may be able to beat their pricing. They're really just for cosmetics and even at that they're very hard to detect. They weigh more so no savings on unsprung weight. I road race my V coupe and have no intention of chasing down 2 piece front rotors when the R1's cost less for a complete set of front and rears. If you really want to stand the car on its head when braking just get upgraded pads and save the dough.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Not sure, I bought mine new for $49,987. Guessing it's around $37K trade and $40K private sale with mine at 14k miles.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
You should be good at CarMax. They pay a little better than trade in. I'd hurry though, once the '16 V is released in the spring our V2 will start to drop quickly.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
You should be good at CarMax. They pay a little better than trade in. I'd hurry though, once the '16 V is released in the spring our V2 will start to drop quickly.
I think you are right. Typically once the next gen of a vehicle line is introduced, the previous gen see's a big drop in value.
At least initially I would expect the V2's resale value to drop. However, if the V3's price is too high ($90kish) for many who have been waiting on the sidelines it's possible that an "old" V2 would be an attractive alternate.
With no Vagon or coupe option, relative ease and low cost to increase HP/performance, and still current great looks, I think it's entirely possible that shortly after the V3's go on sale the V2's values will climb again.

OP, sorry for veering off subject.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Vfan that's why I'm not even thinking about trading my V coupe in. I'm really enjoying my V in stock form and getting back into road racing again. Lots of proven combos as you said to close that gap from 556 to 640hp. I'll hold onto my warranty for another year and then think about doing upper pulley, injectors, headers, HX, etc.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I was running 630hp with headers, an intake tube, 10% OD harmonic balancer pulley and a tune.

The new V will be lighter WITH all the coolers one could need to track all day.

But, the V2 is undoubtedly an incredible package for the cost....

·
Registered
2012 cts v coupe
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah i think they go around 41 for the bookout on nada, I paid 38k I feel like I got a good deal tho what's the maintenance/upkeep on these cars? Anything you guys suggest I do for being a new owner thanks guys

1 - 20 of 26 Posts