Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey.. well i love cadillacs and i have for a looooong time.. i dont have one right now.. but i am making payments on a 76 eldorado.. cant wait til i have it.. any ways, 17/f/spokane.. so whats up??

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Hey cadillacallidac - Welcome to the CadillacForums. A '76 Eldorado - sounds great...when do you get it? What color and mileage? You have uncommonly good taste...you've come to the right place!

Thanks for registering!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the welcome.. well about my car.. its red.. new paint job, but not really a good one.. its peeling.. and as for the mileage.. ???.. sounds bad i know.. but its just that i saw it and fell in love.. so i had to have it.. onyl bad thing is that.. i have to pay it off fore i get it.. :( i need it NOW though.. its taking forever to pay off cuz of my crappy job.. should have it by mid december.. funny thing is that its only $1000.. kinda sad huh?? alright gotta go for now.. talk at ya all later.. :)

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Welcome, now we have 3 Caddy chicks on Forum. :bouncy: I saw a kid at the pumps the other day, and I talked to him. He had a white 1974 Eldo, with the 500 cubic in. engine. Very impressive. I don't know too much about the older ones, but I am having more and more appreciation for them everyday. I hope finding parts isn't a problem. I bet your interior color is white?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
actually the interior is light blue.. the exterior is normally blue too.. so it did match at one point.. the engines a 500.. which is cool.. but its SLOWER than slow.. but yeah.. i really like the old caddys.. they are nice.. well some of them are.. lol.. i just dont have enough money for escalades and all that.. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im sorry.. i dont know much about my car right now.. just cuz its not around for me to wanna fix it up and stuff.. i know about mustangs :)

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
cadillacallidac said:
im sorry.. i dont know much about my car right now.. just cuz its not around for me to wanna fix it up and stuff.. i know about mustangs :)
Welcome cadillaccadillac
Are you in washington. For the older caddies i was watching a show where they started taking off panels of the car for 1/4 mile time and it shaved off 5 secs once they were done. i'll have to find it in article form and post it. They started with a 500cid boat that was 17+ secs and started taking off the hood, trunk, fender,s seats etc... it was great.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
cadillacallidac.....Welcome to the board!!
Ralph said:
Maybe your cat converter is still on the exhaust (plugged up or ?) and thats why it's slow? Does anyone know the hp rating on this beast?
190hp just isn't enough to get a 5000#+ car rolling quickly.
Here's a little info on the '76 Eldo.
http://100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1970/cad76e.htm

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
wow your 17 and a girl, i think your the youngest one here. iam almost 19, and theres another guy thats 18. If anyone is younger they havnt said so. But thats great. Your lucky, i wish i could get my hands on an older caddy. I almost got a 61 Deville, but it got sold. Good luck with the Eldo!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
DeVillish said:
wow your 17 and a girl, i think your the youngest one here. iam almost 19, and theres another guy thats 18. If anyone is younger they havnt said so. But thats great. Your lucky, i wish i could get my hands on an older caddy. I almost got a 61 Deville, but it got sold. Good luck with the Eldo!
Davesmed is probably the youngest at 16

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard..... Thanks for signing up....

Im up there as the youngest.... 17!

Man, its golden to see fellow teens getting into cadillacs as their first car.... I thought I was the only teenager one that liked luxuary cars....... Guess I was wrong...... Plus, a GIRL..... Most girls (i know anyway) want to get eclipses, mustang convertables, or sebring convertibles ( :vonmit: ).......

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
So we have 2 Daves here and we're both 16, and I think we both registered in August. Davesmed is like half a year older than I am though.

So anyway, welcome to the forums cadillacallidac.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome aboard from a fellow 1976 cadillac owner. your eldog is sweet i love the body styles of the 71-78 eldogs almost bought a 75 but the guy was asking to much, maybe he'll lower it one day, but tell then i'll stick with my 76 coupe deville. if your car running rough give it a tune up, change the air and fuel fitler and adjust the timing for speed and not for smog and you'll have plenty of power.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts