Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 3.6L v6 cts lux
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey man whats up, quick audio question. if i upgrade my speakers without changing my radio/cd player (non-bose) will i hear a significant improvement or will i have to upgd to the bose radio unit to tell the diff/ improve my sound?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
274 Posts
if you just upgrade the speakers you will see a definate improvement.
If you go all the way: cleansweep, subs, and amp...you'll hear a crazy improvement.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
274 Posts
I actually went with a sub enclosure w/ a separate amp.
I wanted to just replace the sub, but the guy at the audio shop said tht I will not hear a big improvement with another free air (not enclosed) sub.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
hey man whats up, quick audio question. if i upgrade my speakers without changing my radio/cd player (non-bose) will i hear a significant improvement or will i have to upgd to the bose radio unit to tell the diff/ improve my sound?
Upgrading to the bose unit will not improve your sound...the bose system is intended to work with all BOSE speakers and be tuned for your car....adding aftermarket speakers, which will be better than the paper bose, will be underpowered by the bose amp.....and you will spend a pretty penny trying to do it.....So I dont recommend it

If you just add aftermarket speakers to your existing setup, it will sound better, but at higher volumes, it will distort due to the speakers wanting more power than your factory setup can give....if your looking to do this, the best aftermarket speakers for the stock setup are Inifinity Kappas......

OR

Go the aftermarket route like myself and DKNY did.....not too expensive, sounds extremely good, and adds that infamous AUXILLARY INput everyones asking for :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts