Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at an 06 STS V with 50k on the clock. Just curious how the maintenance is on this beast? I expect full synthetic oil changes and such... I have more of a question about the 60k maintenance etc. Just curious how expensive these things are to maintain. I have an 06 TBSS too... it hasnt been too bad. Thanks!

Yes I searched and couldnt find anything. :)

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts
The only problem with the oil change is that we hold 9qts of oil. Good news is that the intervals are not as close. If you can get a warranty then do so you will be covered on anything big that might go out. I have had mine since there were 27K on the clock, now she has 52K and she has been very good to me. Nothing major. The biggest repair was a front right wheel hub covered by warranty. Others have had more repairs than me.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,182 Posts
Expect routine maintenance costs to be proportionate with the car's MSRP. Oil changes are not cheap, but like others have said, if you use a good synthetic like you are supposed to, you can go longer between changes.

This car has a great engine and transmission, you shouldn't expect many issues there, and the rear end holds up based on how you treat it. Treat it well, expect no problems...launch the car frequently, expect to buy a new rear or two. The real fun comes from all the tech and gadgets in the car...THAT is what you will be replacing and fixing frequently. Just like any other premium sedan with this level of luxury and tech, there is alot to go wrong, so it often does.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What is the recommended service schedule for the car?

American cars are usually very reasonable.

Compared to a Lexus, MB, etc - they look free.

D.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
do the oil yourself....its only about 45 bux, not the 90-100 the dealer charges.

F

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts
X2 True that!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts