In my best southern drawl: "That link just aint right!"

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Kael said:
it says 130 a set

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/lastss/doorlock.html

i have to take a look at them, but that might a little steep (i want to see what kind of machining is done)
Kael,
I PM'ed this guy sometime back. I told him thought that was to much. He pointed out they were not mass produced and everyone is milled individually. If you don't mind the price it is an attractice touch.

The cheap Cadillac locks get scratched and nasty looking. I use a Q-tip and some silicone sray to bring the color back and lubricate them at the same time.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,654 Posts
This is a low-key, classy interior upgrade. I put a set in my V and they match the nickle/satin trim perfectly. Then I put a set in my gf's '03 and she loves the way they dress up the interior (she hates plastic!) Like the price or not, he's the only one making them. The finish and machining is first-rate. You won't be dissapointed.

CC

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ohman, just pull the locks up and there is a tab to remove then you can get the lock off.

i will send my passenger doorlock to a machinist friend of mine and see how hard it would be to make these.

-K

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Kael said:
ohman, just pull the locks up and there is a tab to remove then you can get the lock off.

i will send my passenger doorlock to a machinist friend of mine and see how hard it would be to make these.

-K
You might wanna tell him maybe more will buy to get his attention.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was actually going to go for a polished look.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
okay, no problem to make these out of almost any stock.
like polished aluminum or what or chromed.
anyone want wood ones to match the interior? :)
(i could, but it would be expenisve and annoying to do)

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
haute_heir said:
Yuck, I got the link now and I wouldnt buy those. I think all the items look very Honda Civic/ricer-ish. Not very classy in my eyes, more cheezy IMO. Anybody have this white chalky stuff on the side of the doorlock knob when the doors unlocked? My car has had it since new and I always wipe it off and it always comes back...
Yeah, I hate that. I use a Q-Tip and a bit of WD-40 or silicone to clean them but like you said, they come back.:mad:

I like his billet locks but not at $30 each.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the white stuff is more than likely the factory silicone grease that is drying out and powdering up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts