Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS4 Sport Wagon 3.0L
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned and loved a 2012 CTS4 Sport Wagon for a little over two years. Over the last year the engine has developed a significant hesitation anywhere from 38 mph to 50 mph if I accelerate to a speed in that range, sort of glide a long for a bit, and then try to accelerate it hesitates. Dealer hasn't been able to fix. Help please.

Thanks,
Chip

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Sport mode takes care of the lag. Or look at the posts on the Vitesse throttle controller.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,689 Posts
your playing with your ECU. It's learning your driving habits every time you drive. By you jumping on ti, it changes the shifting pts. to one setting then when you start "gliding" its' changes your gearing back to "econo" mode. Therefore, when you step back on it, it will hesitate because of you switching your driving. Mine does the same thing, but when I'm in a sporty mood...I just stay active with the pedal (no "gliding") or put her in "sport mode". Now I know how to drive her better.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,823 Posts
Now go out and have some fun with that SportMode.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,689 Posts
YEEEEHAAAA!!! gity up!!!:highfive:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts