Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to the scene here. Just got my Raven V with Nav, Recaros and a stick. Been my dream since 04'. Just Awesome. Would you believe that some rediculously rich dude bought the car in Rochester NY. had it tinted, drove it home and back to the dealer to return it? It only had 80 miles. Maybe you guys saw it on Ebay. Went through once no sale. Did not even hit reserve. I said the hell with this and i bid it up to the reserve for $62,500. SOLD! a $68k car. NICE!

Anyway as did my testing of the 3.9 second rule. (0-60) I found in Competitive Stabili-track, that there is a slight hesititation in the throttle response. A total dead spot as i mash the pedal. Any body else experience this? Maybe in regular Traction control off mode this does not happen? :cookoo: have not tried that yet. BUT I WILL WAHOO! Seriously though it was enough to concern me so i thought i would ask here. Any thoughts? AND keep bringing on the performance talk. I wanna see 700 ponies in my ride soon! Thanks guys

Mike

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
It's the tune in the ECM that is causing this. Throttle body is wireless so it is completely controlled by computer. Contact Wait4Me -- his tune is awesome and will fix your "issue." I felt the same thing in mine and now it is greatly improved with tune installed.

thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
42 Posts
does that tune quicken the gear shifts in an auto car by chance? maybe you have a 6 speed Musclesbmf, i dont know. disregard if you do.

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
Yes our 400 dollar handheld fixes all of that dead spot stuff. With a stick you can realllllly tell the tip in protection is set way to high. I uploaded a drag strip run with it all stock and you can hear the motor shut off in every gear if you power shift. The testing showed that i knocked off 3 tenths with just the tune difference. I think a few have gotten 11.s with just the tune now. Im sure they will post up eventually. :)

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have noticed that when i really stick it. I get what almost sounds like an over-rev valve float situation. and power just shuts down. So $400 smackers will take care of the lag time and bring me to 11's you say??? You are da man!:worship:

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh,
Wait for ME. I sent you an email on this (because i am too new here to IM) but it bounced back at me. I tried your contacts on your site and would not submit. How does a dude get intouch with you?
Thanks,
Mike
12NV

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
does that tune quicken the gear shifts in an auto car by chance? maybe you have a 6 speed Musclesbmf, i dont know. disregard if you do.
I have an automatic and the shift improvement is amazing. Best bang for the buck mod out there right now. Move the gear shift to the right (sport mode) and let the car do the shifting. I spoke to W4M and he has programmed each shift so that the next gear you are at peak torque. Big thumbs up for his tune!!!

Mark

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Tuning is simple, you just follow the on screen menu and it does all the rest. Takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
You can go any route you want, but most people now are just buying the handheld as it is easier and im not charging for the 3 tunes im putting in them right now.
Hardware is $400. and im dumping in 3 free custom tunes.

·
Registered
300 Posts
sorry for repetitiveness. how difficult is it to program. i dont have to uninstall anything like bumpers?

lame question i know.

ab

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Yes they work for manuals also.

And Ab, you dont have to uninstall any parts on your car. This is just a plug in under your dash part.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Jesse, I want one. Should I just call you?

Any crank relearn needed on the tunes, don't think I have seen whether you need to do one or not.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
Sorry for answering for Jesse, but it's my understanding that the handheld doesn't require a crank relearn since you're not removing your PCM. The crank position is saved in there, so it's just "plug -> pick tune -> drive".

·
Registered
2011 GTR
1,026 Posts
That is correct. I have one and it's very simple. Takes about 15 mins to do.

Sorry for answering for Jesse, but it's my understanding that the handheld doesn't require a crank relearn since you're not removing your PCM. The crank position is saved in there, so it's just "plug -> pick tune -> drive".

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
That is correct. I have one and it's very simple. Takes about 15 mins to do.
Does the stock tune back itself up on the handheld untill you want to put it back in for dealership service etc ? If so can you pull the original vehicle file and put it on a disk or a pc as a secondary backup ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts