Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270407253947

Should be here by next weekend. I already purchased lowering springs, Z06 endlinks, Cags skip shift eliminator, and uuc shifter. Thomas at hendrix is pricing me out shipping and i should have the axles ordered on monday.
Now I have to hunt for rims.

I'm swapping my specter hood, and front V bumper(no lisence bracket) from my old cts.Also swapping my brand new fe4 shocks and struts, eibach sways, painted headlights, dual weave grill, vouge strut brace(hopefully it fits) rms strut brace, tinted tails, bezel panel, subs and amp, remote start and alarm, stsv fogs, and tinted side markers(I think that covers it), then i'll sell my old cts.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270407253947

Should be here by next weekend. I already purchased lowering springs, Z06 endlinks, Cags skip shift eliminator, and uuc shifter. Thomas at hendrix is pricing me out shipping and i should have the axles ordered on monday.
Now I have to hunt for rims.

I'm swapping my specter hood, and front V bumper(no lisence bracket) from my old cts.Also swapping my brand new fe4 shocks and struts, eibach sways, painted headlights, dual weave grill, vouge strut brace(hopefully it fits) rms strut brace, tinted tails, bezel panel, subs and amp, remote start and alarm, stsv fogs, and tinted side markers(I think that covers it), then i'll sell my old cts.
Sweet deal tommy!!! good to see another Cts guy step Up to a V :cool:

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,074 Posts
Uh-h ... I think I saw some lint in the trunk. :tisk:

Very nice car! Congrats!

·
Registered
05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
1,059 Posts
Congrats... Good Luck Hooking up the Remote Start - Neutral Safety Switch

·
Banned
CTS-V
47 Posts
wow! fantastic price!!! nice find mr. compton
seems he sold it after the factory wrrnty ran out, and being it's bone stock
you really got one helluva DEAL. BEST I'VE SEEN THUS FAR HANDS DOWN~!

ls2 ftw!! ;)

congrats!

p.s.
post pics after you've finished your part swap plans.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Platinum/Black, 1999 Corvette Coupe
153 Posts
That looks real nice, and a great price too. $21K for an '06!

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
nice work compton.. good to see you got the fastest color

what wheels are you gonna put on it?

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure, I'm still looking. It's not a very rim friendly car, forged are out of my range right now, and the stockers have to go. I got it narrowed down to a few, just have to find out if they infact offer the bolt pattern, some companies I tried that say they offer them, infact do not.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Not sure, I'm still looking. It's not a very rim friendly car, forged are out of my range right now, and the stockers have to go. I got it narrowed down to a few, just have to find out if they infact offer the bolt pattern, some companies I tried that say they offer them, infact do not.
Lower it and powdercoat them until you find somthing that you like better :rolleyes:

·
Registered
04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
3,824 Posts
nice work compton.. good to see you got the fastest color
Ahemm, I think you meant to say slowest, but I'll let it slide since its still a V.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
:yeah:

But going from a CTS right to a Black V would have been a little too much to handle. It's better he got a slower one so it is easier to adjust.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually prefered a silver so I could swap body parts without having to paint my old one before selling. I think my final plans will be to go satin black, although I do like silver.
Just ordered a bmr pinion support brace too. That with the new axles and washer modding the rear craddle, I figure I should be good to go.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
:highfive: Good on ya, Tommy. She looks shweeeet.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Actually prefered a silver so I could swap body parts without having to paint my old one before selling. I think my final plans will be to go satin black, although I do like silver.
understood, sounds like a good plan.

Just ordered a bmr pinion support brace too. That with the new axles and washer modding the rear craddle, I figure I should be good to go.
i applaud you for wasting no time building your V up right. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
silver is by far the fastest and with the ls2 you should be able to trailer your old cts to car shows.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
silver is by far the fastest and with the ls2 you should be able to trailer your old cts to car shows.
once gain...

:rimshot:

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
:histeric:

congrats... nice 51k blank canvas

post some pics of your old cts..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts