Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Platinum, 1984 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thief in NYC was caught when in the vicinity of my vehicle. He had been scoping my 2011 Platinum Edition but passed on it. When the cops questioned him, he said he knew there was no chance he could lift the car. This link shows you why. Its the ONLY way to avoid yours being stolen. They use tow trucks and flatbeds now to steal them, so this is your answer. I still have my Platinum thanks to this device. Go to "universalboot" on the web and order this

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. The amount of noise and the risk of the hub being severely damaged make it a waste of their time. The thief said himself, when he sees one of these, although he said its rare to see them, he just looks for another car. Thats exactly what he told the cops.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hub could actually snap off I forgot to mention. Its a big waste of their time.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,497 Posts
A thief in NYC was caught when in the vicinity of my vehicle. He had been scoping my 2011 Platinum Edition but passed on it. When the cops questioned him, he said he knew there was no chance he could lift the car. This link shows you why. Its the ONLY way to avoid yours being stolen. They use tow trucks and flatbeds now to steal them, so this is your answer. I still have my Platinum thanks to this device. Go to "universalboot" on the web and order this
You actually install that thing on your car??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It takes less than 30 seconds to put it on and take it off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lets not forget we're driving the number one most stolen car in the world. That device is well worth it

·
Registered
'11 Cadillac Escalade
337 Posts
Is this for real? I'm pretty sure this is the same device the city puts on your vehicle if you don't pay your parking tickets LOL... it also looks like they might scratch some wheels...

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
44 Posts
I think the 2010+ lades have steering column lock and laminated glass all around - something 2007-2009 didn't have. Although that won't deter a thief, its nice to know. Even though they won't take your car using the boot, they can still break in and take your seats and/or audio/video equipment. I won't show my wife this post because she already is pushing me to get the club. But hey, it worked for you, i'm sure it can work for others as well. Good lookin.

c12ack

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He was seen going over my car, reported by a neighbor and caught stealing one several minutes later. The cops asked him about his activities near my car. Im friends with some of the police so getting this info was not difficult

·
Registered
2009 ESCALADE
141 Posts
Ok im havng a hard time belieiving this entire thing...sounds a little like a fish story and a promotion/advertisemnent for someone to make money...plus who in the world would put that on everyday..come on

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Deville
127 Posts
Ok im havng a hard time belieiving this entire thing...sounds a little like a fish story and a promotion/advertisemnent for someone to make money...plus who in the world would put that on everyday..come on
This is the very first thing that came to my mind. Nice of him to register to tell us all this. :suspect:

If not, then more power to you, I guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I put it on only in NY, not where I live. It takes about 30 seconds to protect my $90k car. Who would put it on? You have to be kidding.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts