Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
wow those do look incredibly comfortable. That velour looks so soft! Do you have the 307? My grandparents had a '83 Electra (im not sure if it was the park avenue version) from '83 until they bought their '92 Roadmaster Limited in '94....They always liked their Buicks!

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Side note;

Do you think a good high quality butter soft leather is more comfortable than a good high quality velour/cloth?

I have to go with the leather, especially if you have heated seats for those stinging frigid Minnesota winters!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
Side note;
Do you think a good high quality butter soft leather is more comfortable than a good high quality velour/cloth?
I have to go with the leather, especially if you have heated seats for those stinging frigid Minnesota winters!
Leather. Only two of my cars havent got it. It wins hands down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aint life funny, I found this site after "winning" the 60 Special this thread is about. :)

I am picking the car up Thursday and am driving back to Mississippi, I will let you know how things turn out.

Michael

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
wow! your car is the same color combo as mine!:highfive:

·
Registered
549 Posts
mag410 said:
Aint life funny, I found this site after "winning" the 60 Special this thread is about. :)

I am picking the car up Thursday and am driving back to Mississippi, I will let you know how things turn out.

Michael
Congratulations and welcome to the "Sixty Special" club! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
The 1,899th made out of 5,292 total. Missing from the options are the power Front seat recliners & the Driver's Memory Seat with Easy exit/entry (Comfort Group) Also missing is the Delco/BOSE Stereo option as well as the heated Windshield. Obviously the Moonroof. Only options I see are leather and the Security Pkg, of Theft Alarm and Remote Keyless Entry. The chipped off paint on the front plastic fascia is a frequent problem, especially with cars up here in the snow areas, due to road salt. Surprising on a Florida car. Also the 2 rear "C" pillar panels (interior) ... like what the heck caused that damage ? THAT is very odd. Biggest repair is the driver's side torn armrest. The interior damge (or wear) is odd. The seats that get the heaviest use appear fine. Areas seldom touched are damaged ??? :cookoo:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Looks like someone had small puppies or something there.(??) Does have some wierd damage to it though. Nice looking overall.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sandy, you know your Sixty Specials!

·
Registered
4 Posts
750 miles home with no problems. Great ride. 23.5 MPG on the Interstate @ 73-74 MPH, 27.8 MPH on the Natchez Trace @ 56 MPH, 25.0 MPG so far @ 65 MPH commuting to work. The interior is in very good shape except for some rust on the pillars where the front door hinges attach. Paint and exterior are in very good shape. I have not been under the car yet to see how much rust is on the undercarriage.
When I told my wife that I bought a Cadillac off Ebay, she said "I am not going to be seen riding in an old ladies car". :bigroll:
She and my sister-in-law drove it to town yesterday to go shopping. :)
Michael

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
very nice! I got about 22mpg at 75mph. Like you, I have very little rust (just a few specs on the chrome on the rear bumper, and on the roof on top of my driver's door. If your car is "Light Beige Metallic",your car and my '92 Sedan deVille are the exact same color.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
The Fleetwood (FWD) is an E Body? I thought only the Eldorado, Rivera and Toronado were the E Bodies. :hmm:

I~LUV~Caddys8792 said:
what is the comfort seating package?

The Sixty Special is one of my favorite E bodies, the other being the Fleetwood Coupe

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hello...

1985-1993 Fleetwood/DeVille are "C" body...
at least that's what my research/personal experience indicates.

Post back if you learn differently.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ah yes, you're right! I remember now, the 79-85 E body is one of my favorite coupes ever!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts