Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Brett said:
ill add one thing. Anything i have done is for the benefit of the board. I have never made up anything or jumped to conclusions about anybody, i've tried to be as even handed as possible. There are lies all over this place about me now, lies in this thread. This might be the source of some of my frustration. Everyone thinks they can do a better job.....
let me know if i lied brett, as far as i know everything i said about you is true ...you and i have talked about this in person , i tried my best to relay what i gatered here

weve made cases in the past to remove HRS , the evidence wasnt enough for a "conviction".....

now that im cooled down , im not going to sit here and compile data on how HRS has pissed me off over the years , and you all know i hate him for how he treats people ....thats why he and i dont get along ...ralph , well ralph has this on a personal level , and i dont blame him ....but for me i just dont like HRS for what hes done to people ....so when he enters a thread and spews something , then edits it , i get it in my email , so i get to read it .....i try to avoid HIS threads just so i dont have to deal with it .....

If HRS bugs me enough ill just leave , perioid ....ive got beatter things to do with my time then screw around with this bullshit , someone else will step up and take credit for the meets , someone else can do the tech stuff ....I aint worried one bit about any money ive given here , i dont consider it a donation anyway i concider it the price to play , it was my way of giving back to the people who have helped me and my car over the years ...as far as im concerend were square ....

so do what you all want , on this subject i just dont give a shit anymore , HRS pisses me off good enough ill just leave , no coments , no goodbyes , no asking for anything ....im above all this , so i aint gonna do some stupid flame thread and make some long goodbye like a few of our members have done ...ill get off the internet and back out in the garage , theres a old vette out there that ive been putting off an engine rebuild on ....

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Brett said:
Ive never banned anyone, despite rumors to the contrary and i dont really feel its my place. HRS has a way of bending the rules, so that hes not really doing anything more wrong than other people in the same thread, which makes him hard to single out.
I'm glad that you've now decided that I'm no longer HRS's equal. If I've become "troublesome" and "obsessed" it's only because I feel you make excuses for HRS, while punishing scourge unfairly.

If HRS merely "bends" the rules, then why didn't you put him "on probation" too? If you think I'm spreading untruths about you, it's only because I assess matters based on your actions (and inaction). I find myself increasingly frustrated because you appear to take decisive steps with scourge, but continually make excuses for HRS. Case in point, your response to scourge in the feedback section:

"your post was deleted because it was more of the same flaming BS you always post. and now since you wont shut up, you cant post at all"

Now how come HRS isn't given the same treatment, when he is WORSE than scourge ever was? You NEVER responded harshly to HRS in the same way. Which is why I have concluded that you either agree with him or you are his friend. Otherwise, he would be in the same corner with scourge.

"find something worth banning HRS over."

Read the WORDS in that list of HRS quotes. Not the number of quotes, the WORDS. Everybody flames now and then, but not like HRS. How can I not think you favour him when you ignore that?

The whole reason why I took a quick 10 minutes to list a fraction of his obnoxiousness is to show the obvious: he needs to be disciplined similarly.

Sure, I could find some nasty quotes from other members, but very, very few would be as rude, personal, and cruel as HRS's. Sure, I could find lots of nasty stuff from scourge, but 90% would be directed at HRS and his cronies. So, no, the same amount (and level) of crap HAS NOT come from scourge, or myself, or ANYONE else.

Maybe it's true that I'm the only one standing up for scourge, but that's because he was the only one keeping HRS in line, the only one who gave as good as he got. THAT is why I alerted scourge when HRS was being antagonistic. Otherwise, we might as well call this hotrodsaintforums.com. And that scares off new people.

So why am I "in need of professional help" (and sorry, it's hard to forget when an administrator trashes his "friend" in public)? Because, as you say, you "don't really care".

If nothing is done about HRS, fine. But when scourge gets punished alone, that raises questions of personal bias. If scourge is censured, fine. But fair is fair, and that explains my position.

But from what I gather, the situation seems to be in hand, and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
In all fairness to Brett. Even though I certainly don't come here much anymore (mainly because of this kind of childish crap), I've always found him to be pretty level-headed and a great asset in his position. He filled a great void (no pun intended about your size Brett), and has done a better job than had been done previously IMO.
As for you Ralph, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I feel you're one of the best all-around members this forum has ever had. A true cornerstone here. That being said, I also believe you're tarnishing that image terribly lately by relentlessly pursuing HRS, and decending to his level of idiocy. Lately, I feel you've become as disruptive as HRS himself and that's a shame. You USED to be the voice of reason, and the one guy that could be counted on to be above this kind of crap. The one guy that would usually be the first to answer a posted question, even if you had nothing to add other than a reafirming message to the poster that someone here cared about their problem. Where is that guy? What happened to him?
IMO, one of the greatest threats posed by HRS and his kind is their ability to transform mild-mannered people into raving loons. I think we're seeing a prime example right here. He's broken Ralph, one of our best, down into a bitter, obcessed, guy that's consumed by his need to battle and prove HRS to be the devil incarate. Is it any wonder people are suggesting Ralph needs help? Look at the transformation over the last couple months.
Ralph,
Let this go. It's only an internet forum. Those who seem to drive you nuts, LIVE for it. By getting so revved up about them, you give them the very power they seek. Take away your rage, and you take away their power.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Administrator said:
It's in all your hands now, guys.. The "reputation" system has been enabled and you can ban yourselves into oblivion. When a member gets enough bad reputation, they automatically fall into a banned usergroup. This means that if enough people think the member is a problem, that member will go away. It may take some tweaking as time goes along but the system is in place.
Well, HRS is in the red as I can see. Does that mean he will "go away?" I don't think so.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Katshot said:
I
Let this go. It's only an internet forum. Those who seem to drive you nuts, LIVE for it. By getting so revved up about them, you give them the very power they seek. Take away your rage, and you take away their power.
Let what go? Will HRS "let go" and avoid my threads trying to destroy them?? Explain. Re-read. I was NOT the antagonist on your son's thread yesterday! Will he continue to flame me on threads your son starts when I haven't even participated in them yet?? YES, he will! This may seem like only an internet forum to you, but I purchased a $1,200 computer to be able to be HERE, and no other forum, and I am still loyal to that. You see now what is happening around here when he is not stood up to, or action taken, and then WE have to deal with this.

I still want my questions to Brett answered and this doesn't change anything because they are based on observation and fact, and I am at my witts end with being labelled by an admin that I should seek "professional help." (you would not approve of this) THEN, I see HRS using that as ammo and saying the SAME thing to me, and it is obvious he will NOT LET GO! How long have I been saying this, and how long has it been proven accurate?!

Don't try to make me out to be the bad guy here. Why do you think we are wasting time even having a FC forum in the first place??? HRS?

Why did Blackout start THIS thread?? HRS??

I made myself clear that the SAME discipline should be administered to HRS that was administered to scourge, and I see bias if otherwise. THINK about that and LOOK at the words he uses! I was VERY clear on this.

Are people FINALLY going to stand up to him, and when I do, will I look like the antagonist?? That's what will happen, and has happened with scourge. And when I simply respond to Sandy's question in your sons thread, I get dumped on again. There was no flame involved in my statement, and it was to the point that "it will never end, ever, EVER." He will not stop, EVER. He NEEDS to be told, if he will not be probated like scourge. It's as simple as that, but HRS keeps having excuses made for him and that is where I have a problem as explained above.

I avoided and avoided and avoided for months and NOTHING CHANGED! You tell me who's obsessed! If HRS was disciplined like he should be, like scourge was, we would NOT be having this conversation. It's as simple as that.

and I would appreiate being able to make my points without being labelled obsessive, because they are based on raw observation that anyone can see for themselves. I guess I must be "obsessed" because I want justice to be served BECAUSE I have to deal with him everyday, because I am loyal to this forum EVERYDAY. I have made hundreds of friends here, I don't drive hundreds away.

This stands, and I've explained to you here what my reasoning is with it.....

"I'm glad that you've now decided that I'm no longer HRS's equal. If I've become "troublesome" and "obsessed" it's only because I feel you make excuses for HRS, while punishing scourge unfairly."

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Katshot said:
I also believe you're tarnishing that image terribly lately by relentlessly pursuing HRS, and decending to his level of idiocy. Lately, I feel you've become as disruptive as HRS himself and that's a shame.
and it would not even be an issue if HRS would be given the same discipline as scourge, especially for the terrible things he says to many many members here. There is a proven track record now of people going against HRS and being disciplined for that. Explain.

Sorry, but that is most certainly an observation of "reason."

I'm being sincere and straight to the point as I've always been Kevin. You are correct in assuming this is effecting me negatively, and we shouldn't have to be dealing with this problem, at all. I am attacked all the time with cheap shots and flame that are totally uncalled for. Deal with that for months and see how you or anyone would react. Correct when you said most would leave, and that's an option. I want to go back to discussing who the best-looking supermodel is, discussing quality ratings, depreciation, what repairs I've done to my car, and recent terrible Mercedes-Benz quality, etc. and NOT having to defend myself when I am flamed. I don't look for this kind of trouble, but "it" sure seems to find me. When I defend it, I am now criticized.

Like I said, I think the situation has subsided, so lets see what happens.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Ralph,
Remember the "old days"? Remember when nine times out of ten it was either you or me answering a members post first? Remember when I was the only "tech" guy here? Things were simpler back then huh? I was talking to my son about the good old days here at the Cadillac Forums. Telling him about how it used to be. I miss those days, don't you?
Fast forward a couple years and what do we have now? Do you not remember all the crap that me and HRS have gone through here? Do you think you're alone? Come on, be serious. You think you have to explain HRS's down-side to ME?! Why do you think I don't hang out here anymore? I got tired of the crap and decided that "it's only an internet forum". I DON'T need to be here. If I was having this much trouble at a job, I'd leave, wouldn't you? And that's far more important than this goofy forum. You KNOW I've fought the fight here, over and over. The difference is that I've been able to "step away from the computer" as my wife would say. It's ridiculous to let something like this affect you "personally" in such a way.
Do yourself a favor Ralph, go take a walk outside. Take a drive down one of those beautiful Canadian roads. This time of year is wonderful up there. Stop by the forum "occasionally", don't LIVE here. Take your life back Ralph.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Ralph, I've said this before and you can choose to believe me or not. I recieved vastly more complaints about scourge in the last couple months than I have recieved on HRS in the last couple years. This is why I dont ttreat them equally. EVERYONE(except you) in the CI forum sent me PM's complaining about this guy. So if you wonder why I think you need to seek help, its because my pm box is filled every week with BAN SCOURGE messages, then theres you claiming the guy is fine. Hes not fine. Hes worse than HRS. Im not gonna name names as to who is complaining, but just go over to CI, look at who posts. Its all of them.

the reason Scourge was put on probation was basically because i didnt have time to deal with him at that time and I didnt need him making another Scourge type thread in the suggestion forum. So you know i also deleted a post of HRS's in there, but he didnt bitch about it. Lucky for him, because i would have put him on probation too.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
I'm guessing you've already seen Brett's explanation but in case you haven't... See the dark blue bar above your username in posts? Look to the right and you'll see a "scale". Click it...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Brett said:
Ralph, I've said this before and you can choose to believe me or not. I recieved vastly more complaints about scourge in the last couple months than I have recieved on HRS in the last couple years. This is why I dont ttreat them equally. EVERYONE(except you) in the CI forum sent me PM's complaining about this guy. So if you wonder why I think you need to seek help, its because my pm box is filled every week with BAN SCOURGE messages, then theres you claiming the guy is fine. Hes not fine. Hes worse than HRS. Im not gonna name names as to who is complaining, but just go over to CI, look at who posts. Its all of them.
the reason Scourge was put on probation was basically because i didnt have time to deal with him at that time and I didnt need him making another Scourge type thread in the suggestion forum. So you know i also deleted a post of HRS's in there, but he didnt bitch about it. Lucky for him, because i would have put him on probation too.
I did not send you a PM to banned Scourge, no one is worth that much trouble:getaway:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Administrator said:
I'm guessing you've already seen Brett's explanation but in case you haven't... See the dark blue bar above your username in posts? Look to the right and you'll see a "scale". Click it...
I got new lapout , it must be broken I do not see any blue bar

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Katshot said:
Ralph,
Remember the "old days"? Remember when nine times out of ten it was either you or me answering a members post first? Remember when I was the only "tech" guy here? Things were simpler back then huh? I was talking to my son about the good old days here at the Cadillac Forums. Telling him about how it used to be. I miss those days, don't you?
Fast forward a couple years and what do we have now? Do you not remember all the crap that me and HRS have gone through here? Do you think you're alone? Come on, be serious. You think you have to explain HRS's down-side to ME?! Why do you think I don't hang out here anymore? I got tired of the crap and decided that "it's only an internet forum". I DON'T need to be here. If I was having this much trouble at a job, I'd leave, wouldn't you? And that's far more important than this goofy forum. You KNOW I've fought the fight here, over and over. The difference is that I've been able to "step away from the computer" as my wife would say. It's ridiculous to let something like this affect you "personally" in such a way.
Do yourself a favor Ralph, go take a walk outside. Take a drive down one of those beautiful Canadian roads. This time of year is wonderful up there. Stop by the forum "occasionally", don't LIVE here. Take your life back Ralph.
Good advice, thanks.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Everyone is going to be on their best behavior now unless they WANT to be removed from the community. It's as simple as that. If people start acting up in our new self-policed state, then they simply want to be removed.. Just like the serial killer who wants to be caught...

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Administrator said:
Everyone is going to be on their best behavior now unless they WANT to be removed from the community. It's as simple as that. If people start acting up in our new self-policed state, then they simply want to be removed.. Just like the serial killer who wants to be caught...
really it should improve the quality here , and remove some of your headache ...

take it from me , a firm beliver in democracy....even if i end up banned , if the masses speak , then they speak .....

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Administrator said:
Hope it works, but did you notice HRS now crying "Foul!" because he is furious he went down 87 points!!!??? He will not take any responsibility for his actions or words.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Stoneage_Caddy said:
really it should improve the quality here , and remove some of your headache ...

take it from me , a firm beliver in democracy....even if i end up banned , if the masses speak , then they speak .....
You're not even remotely close to being banned..

21 - 40 of 45 Posts