Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Cadillac lovers, I have been trying to obtain a Hennessey emblem for the rear of my vehicle and having no luck. I reached out to Hennessey directly but will only supply a decal if you are an owner of a Hennessey vehicle, which I am not. Does anyone know where I can get one, I thought it would be good advertising if anything to offer these. Hennessey Logo Pic.jpg

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
Why would you want a Hennesey decal if you aren't sporting the goods? Reminds me of rebadging BMWs with an "M3" when it ain't one. People do this kind of thing all the time, but it's in poor taste IMHO......

Shakey

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Hi fellow Cadillac lovers, I have been trying to obtain a Hennessey emblem for the rear of my vehicle and having no luck. I reached out to Hennessey directly but will only supply a decal if you are an owner of a Hennessey vehicle, which I am not. Does anyone know where I can get one, I thought it would be good advertising if anything to offer these. View attachment 302050
I think Hennessy is correctly protecting their image by not selling the emblem to non owners. As shakeydeal said, don't advertise something you can't back up. If you want a Hennessey CTS-V, go buy one!

Marv

PS - You should be on the CTSV site not the CTS site.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Don't expect anybody in the V forum to be receptive to your request. We aren't very keen on posers either.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears that I have rubbed a few people up the wrong way on posting this, the Hennessey emblem is the name of the tuner and supplier of aftermarket part as you know. I am not looking to put HPE700 or whatever on the back of my car as that is not what it is. It would be no different if you decided to put K&N or Magnaflow or any other item that represents the aftermarket scene.
I apologize if you took this the wrong way.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
So, which Hennessy parts are you installing on your V?

If you do serious Hennessy work on your car, I'm sure they would consider selling you the emblem. Otherwise they are right in denying the use of their "brand" on non Hennessy cars. You might find it odd, but most members here don't sticker up their CTS. This isn't a tuner site.

Good Luck, Marv

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
It appears that I have rubbed a few people up the wrong way on posting this, the Hennessey emblem is the name of the tuner and supplier of aftermarket part as you know. I am not looking to put HPE700 or whatever on the back of my car as that is not what it is. It would be no different if you decided to put K&N or Magnaflow or any other item that represents the aftermarket scene.
I apologize if you took this the wrong way.
Understood. But if you aren't putting Hennesey performance parts on your car it would be the same as putting a K&N decal on your car if you did NOT have a K&N filter installed.

Shakey

·
Registered
2009 CTS
197 Posts
Why would you want a Hennesey decal if you aren't sporting the goods? Reminds me of rebadging BMWs with an "M3" when it ain't one. People do this kind of thing all the time, but it's in poor taste IMHO......

Shakey
Yeah i want a 1000hp hennesey edition and have it debadge to be a sleeper

C

·
0 Posts
Unless the company is paying for the endorsement or supplying free parts for a race car that stuff is Tacky especially on a Cadillac.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
What a poser. Go big or go home. Back on the porch, bitch. Show some class, dude.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,172 Posts
This kind of stuff amazes me, even though I should be used to it. I wouldn't even consider putting something like that on my car if I couldn't back it up.

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
Wow. This was posted under appearance mods. That's funny. Believe me, the Hennessey emblems do notcome under appearance mods. They come under performance mods. And to have those, you kinda gotta pay to put your car where it's badges claim. Id be pissed to see a Prius or the like sporting my badges without the honor. Wowzer....

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would like to say a big thank you for all your creative criticism/opinions over the past few days. Who would think the idea of someone placing a badge on the back of one’s car would create all this discontent.
For the most part I do not partake in forum discussions for the very reason that its filled with such negativity, I can understand some of the points of view regarding someone like myself attaching a decal to a car that you probably spent in excess of $20K upgrading with nothing more to show from the outside than the decal. The speed I know is there but for the most part you will be stuck in traffic behind a Toyota Prius on the way home anyway.
My intent was to have the tuners decal only and not provide a false statement of its BHP as mentioned in my first and consecutive posts, unfortunately most of the responders cannot effectively read and absorb this information.
I could post some very negative things about the people who responded but would never stump this low, opinions are like A-Holes – Everyone’s got one! I also have my options of certain car related things such as:
Carbon fibre - Looks very tacky.
Gold plated emblems – Ever seen a 90’s Lexus, I say no more.
I must admit the best response was from ‘Trapspeed’ regarding a license plate frame.
So there you go next time use you expertise to provide information (if you have any) not criticism, and for the record I was able to acquire an emblem. Thanks Cadillac forum!

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
As long as you are happy with your sticker, that's all that matters. ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts