Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys we wll be posting pictures of our new stepped headers with a merge colletor for the ctsv.I think you will agree these are like no other header on the market for the CTSV!..

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
I guess this explains it?:

"One of the more interesting tests we did while preparing at the dyno, was to run a set of 1.75" Kook's with a 3" collector VS. a 1.75" to 1.875" stepped Kook's with a merged collector. The difference in scores between the two headers was 1-2 points at best; that is 2 points out of 1,000. I've never been convinced that stepped headers or merged collectors make more power, and this test reinforced my beliefs. The two headers did have differing peak numbers, but peak is the false god...average is the true strength of the engine. Stepped headers and merged collectors are expensive. If merged collectors work, why do they work? It's my belief that they work by simply reducing the size of the collector (people choose collector diameters that are too large)."

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
How much? Need a guinea pig for a before/after install dyno run???

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts

·
Registered
2006 BMW M5 | 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
315 Posts
Wait...so you aren't secreting nitrous?

Now I need to reread that whole thread in a different state of mind.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
HEADERS!!! :pop2: i will be a guinea pig for the V community as well.:D I have been looking for a set a headers that aren't over a grand, new or used for a while..

i had never heard of the stepped pipe sizing before.. i wonder how they will compare to the standard kooks'

·
Registered
escalade
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess this explains it?:

"One of the more interesting tests we did while preparing at the dyno, was to run a set of 1.75" Kook's with a 3" collector VS. a 1.75" to 1.875" stepped Kook's with a merged collector. The difference in scores between the two headers was 1-2 points at best; that is 2 points out of 1,000. I've never been convinced that stepped headers or merged collectors make more power, and this test reinforced my beliefs. The two headers did have differing peak numbers, but peak is the false god...average is the true strength of the engine. Stepped headers and merged collectors are expensive. If merged collectors work, why do they work? It's my belief that they work by simply reducing the size of the collector (people choose collector diameters that are too large)."

You can always dig up something that goes against anything.I can tell you every nascar has stepped headers,they make more power PERIOD:D

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
So is that a NO for pricing discounts for guinea pigs?? :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts