Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me my cadillac says that it is being disabbled because of the theft something and my key will not start my car what do i do

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Are you mechanicaly inclined? The problem is that your key switch is not letting the V.A.T.S. read the resistance across the little chip in your key. This is how to bypass it. All you have to do is....With an OHM meter Check the resistance across the resistor in your key. Go to a good electronics store ( Not Radio Shack! ) And buy a resistor as close as possible if not exactly the same resistance as the resistor in your key. Find the two small wires that come out the bottom of your steering collum dissconnect those wires ( There is a little black plug connecting them ) and solder the resistor between those wires ( You'll have to cut the little black plug off ) on the car side ( Not the steering collum side ) and that will fool the VATS into thinking that everything is OK. That's the only way I've found to effectively bypass the VATS in these cars....I hope this is of some use to you... I can give you a much deeper explanation of what you're doing and why....But it's boring and won't make it work any better than if you just do what I said. You can also buy the parts at the dealer ( Still available ) and repair it that way but it's quite exspensive and not really worth it in my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts