Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 cts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my serpentine belt frayed out and wrapped in itself while I was driving down the highway. I've replaced the belt, all g with the tension pulley as that was gone too. My car still will not start. I've charged the battery as I've heard that could be an issue when the belt snaps. I've checked the ECM fuse to make sure that didnt blow. I've even used a code reader that returned with no codes. I'm all out of ideas. . . . Somebody help?!?!

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
Your link goes to a timing belt, the op's issue is the serpentine belt my friend.

OP, since you have the 3.2L engine with the single belt. I have read someone else having the same problem, belt snapped while on the road and wrapped around stuff. I do know that it ended up being a sensor, which sensor I don't recall. But it was in the travel of the snapped belt. Basically the belt damaged that sensor or wires to it. So check and double check sensors in the area of the belt.

KOT

·
Registered
2007 CTS Thunder Gray
1,055 Posts
Reading comprehension was never my strong suit. Too many concussions.

Your link goes to a timing belt, the op's issue is the serpentine belt my friend.

OP, since you have the 3.2L engine with the single belt. I have read someone else having the same problem, belt snapped while on the road and wrapped around stuff. I do know that it ended up being a sensor, which sensor I don't recall. But it was in the travel of the snapped belt. Basically the belt damaged that sensor or wires to it. So check and double check sensors in the area of the belt.

KOT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts