Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need everyones please!
Ok so i got the big brake kit from baer, who told me the kit would fit with my 17inch rims, of course they dont. So im in a mad scramble to do something about it. I was thinking about getting 18inch rims specifically racing heart or kazera KC-V but heres my problem

I NEED AN AFFORDABLE ALL SEASON 225/45-18 Tire! I cant find any all season tire at all, what do you guys recommend.

Baer was totally unhelpful even though they screwed up and it really pisses me off. They cant even tell me the spacing i need, but i guess im just gonna go with 18inch rims and return them if they dont work...

Please help!!!
Otherwise the project is going really well!

·
...Reloaded
1,698 Posts
I've dealt with Baer in the past with no problems. The usually recommend that you try out the fitment with their caliper templates - you trace and cut them out of cardboard and see if they fit into position (with the wheels mounted) without hitting anything. These templates can be sent by mail or even downloaded - I'm surprised that they didn't recommend you follow this easy and important step.

As for your tire choice, it looks to me like your best bet is the Potenza S-03 Pole Position. These are excellent on dry and wet pavement. If needed get a set of snow tires for winter like Blizzak LM-22.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys!
As for my rims i think im gonna get kazera kz-v 18inchers in grey. Theyre 154 a piece and that doesnt seem bad, you can check them out on tirerack.com

Havent decided on the tires, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Thanks guys!
As for my rims i think im gonna get kazera kz-v 18inchers in grey. Theyre 154 a piece and that doesnt seem bad, you can check them out on tirerack.com

Havent decided on the tires, any other suggestions?
Why don't you wait and just buy CTSV wheels, I think they will be 18/245/45. If you gonna go with 18 inchers you have to get something bigger than 225s. Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You should have went something a little wider, I added 245/40/18, they are much wider than the 225's and fill the wheel wells more. Anyways, you already got the 225's so its all good :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
jbl16