Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I know this topic has been brought up more than 1846846189 times..... I am having a problem with my car starting.....Has full power but just wont crank....I replaced the Crankshaft Position Sensor about a week ago.... It seemed like it went away for awhile and its back..... It only happens every now and again...I got it towed to shop and it wouldnt duplicate the problem....While I was there had to replace the whole driveshaft.....Thats another story..... I just need some input...... Oh yeah it the notorious 3.2.....Thanks

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
Any other symptom, like the theft light coming on? Any codes? It may be a long shot, but remove the CPS and see if there are metal shaving collecting on the face. Clean the face and reinstall.

How old is your battery and how may CCAs does it have? Found that you need 800 CCA and a good battery.

You would probably get more help in the future if you title you post better, 3.2 won't start

·
Registered
CTS
62 Posts
have the battery checked as well...after changing my crankshaft position sensor. i still had a problem starting up sometimes. it was hit & miss, eventually found out the battery wasnt good. ever since i replaced the battery, i havent had a problem and its been a year now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts