Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to get this right, third time's the charm, here it goes...

I'm trying to do something to my V. I ordered something and plan on trying to improve on something. Perhaps we can share a few things and help each other with something.

Knowledge is power,
ace

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Re: Help with Something...

i know what you're talking about from the previous thread but if i was reading this for the first time, i wouldn't have a clue as to what you're referring to.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Fellas, if it wasn't so funny I'd just quit this already. From my understanding, as I spoke to the offGTPender on the phone...2 week ban, there was word of someone sharing something with us that wasn't allowed to be shared.
So should we marklar the marklar, perhaps we can marklar and it will be ok.

Seriously, its not from going off topic, as just about every post here is "out of the country" off-topic. I guess this may just be a sore topic for some. There is "***************", but I'd like to make this one better/more valuable to the membership. So, I continue to try to keep it going, peacefully...kinda like Ghandi.

WW,
As you have done your own "personal" research and logging, and the throttle cracker is a mystery to us all, do you have any "personal" experience with any changes and how it can be employed in a successful something?

Also, here are a few good links of "purely informational" material, how-to's on something...

http://texasfbody.org/hpt/SDTuningVE/

and here is a seriously indepth tutorial on something...

http://www.transamws6.net/HPTuners/ls1tuninginfo.doc

Certainly pertains to the subject of something, no?

Knowledge is power,
ace

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts

just to point out so there is no misunderstanding..

post about software, post about tweaks.. all of that is welcome... Encouraged...

Posting a vendor's proprietary tune (Intellectual property) is not allowed..

Reed

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
4,860 Posts

The StealthV operating system is proprietary. The V owner at the root of this has signed a legal document stating they would not distribute the modifications to the PCM calibration.

Distributing hacks of it via email or any other method without consent is plain and simple stealing.

Please contact EFILive at [email protected] for further information about the proprietary StealthV operating system.

Want to figure out the electronically lightened flywheel (ELF)? Spend the time and money to figure it out oneself. It isn't magic; it can be REPLICATED through individual development but not STOLEN.

Discussing how to tune a vehicle from scratch is much different than reverse engineering a StealthV.

Besides, the experts have said they can do better than StealthV. Why try to reverse engineer or decipher something if theirs is better? That's like Ferrari wanting to build a new super car and stealing the blueprints for a Yugo...Ferrari would obviously have nothing to gain from a Yugo so why is the Yugo of so much interest here? Hmm?

Respect, integrity, honesty, trust, professionalism, etc.

Everyone on this forum, including myself, needs to take the high road and continually earn and live by those values and we’ll find life to be a much better place.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts

ace996 said:
Also, here are a few good links of "purely informational" material, how-to's on something...
http://texasfbody.org/hpt/SDTuningVE/
and here is a seriously indepth tutorial on something...
http://www.transamws6.net/HPTuners/ls1tuninginfo.doc
Certainly pertains to the subject of something, no?
Knowledge is power,
ace
As someone who has been speed density tuning since EFILive was still in beta, here's my advice:

1. To do tuning "right" don't even go down the "narrowband" path; get a quality wideband O2. Comparing HPTuners to EFILive, both with WB02 capability, the $50 difference in price is a wash. Pick the software that best meets your needs. As someone who is deep into the EFILive software side, obviously I'm biased as to the better choice.

2. Don't use LTFTs to tune with. True speed density and remapping of the tables from scratch is a much better way in terms of speed and quality. LTFTs are the result of the quality of the tune, not the tool to tune with. The typical -1.51% LTFTs seen a StealthV calibration were the end of the day "wow, that's cool that it worked" and were not used in any way to tweak any tables.

For those with EFILive software loaded (including the free download) the first thing one should do is browse to the following files and double-click on them to view the header information...

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\curb_weights.ini

C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration\vin.ini

There is a true Easter egg (hidden goody) that I put in EFILive somewhere, try to find it...

:)

Shall we all wipe the slate clean and start this on the right foot this time?

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts

Thanks guys. This thread, along with others, have helped me figure out that as long as I have my current job, and my current family, and my current hobbies, I don't have the bandwidth to learn how to tune. Or something.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts

ace -

I do NOT have any real knowledge on the throttle cracker, delay, etc. To be fair to Rick - MOST of what I have learned I learned though/by him.

But I am still willing to help where I can, I just can't give up code or settings from a StealthV tune in the process and sleep at night - OK?

When you get all setup (and I too would recommend WB02 tuning, not the narrowband route, after trying both) let's, together, play with these settings and see what we learn. After all, the joy in tuning is in fact figuring out something for yourself that no one else has yet been able to :thumbsup:

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I cannot express just how disappointed I am at all of this, and right now I'm going to stop...think...breathe deep...and wait until later until I have a clear mind so as not to disrespect anyone or over-react. I hope everyone has a great day.
-ace

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

wildwhl said:
ace -

:confused:

Did I say something to upset you?

WW
No, Bill, please know that. And I completely support, respect, and agree with your decision regarding sharing your knowledge that was gleaned from work with your tuner. That is not what I'm looking to do.

More to come...
-ace

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,621 Posts

Why can't some people just hire/pay someone for their services. Just like I or any of you would hire a lawyer when you need to be represented if you can't defend yourself in court.

If StealthV has the skill, knowledge, and experience to be able to tune, why not pay for his services. Why the sneakiness of trying to get a freebie?

Sorry if this is not what was/is being discussed here but, it sure sounds like it.

·
Registered
753 Posts

VELOSE said:
Why can't some people just hire/pay someone for their services. Just like I or any of you would hire a lawyer when you need to be represented if you can't defend yourself in court.

If StealthV has the skill, knowledge, and experience to be able to tune, why not pay for his services. Why the sneakiness of trying to get a freebie?

Sorry if this is not what was/is being discussed here but, it sure sounds like it.
:yeah:

This is not intended as a flame of anyone, but when did this forum become a Cuban style "workers collective" where everyone wants, and expects, something for nothing? The forum owners are getting attacked for trying to run a successful business, the moderators are getting attacked for enforcing the rules that we all agreed to when we joined, and supporting vendors are being asked to provide their skills and research for free because some people would "prefer" not to pay for it.

If I want the benefit of Stealth's research, I'll send him my PCM and a check, just as I would do with any other professional from whom I need special knowlege and service. If I were him, I would tell the "experts" to take a long walk off a short pier with regard to their "analysis" of his product. If they develop something they believe to be better, they can market it like every other vendor.

Finally, those who believe that everything should be free, or find the rules and atmosphere here to be too stifling, start with the realization that this is a free country and a wide open internet. Take a stab at starting your own non-profit, open source, user-financed forum and see if it succeeds.

CR

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Gentlemen,
Just so I know how to respond properly, are the above two posts directed toward me?
-ace

·
Registered
4,860 Posts

Ace, for your tuning journey the first priority is getting the software installed, learning your way around it and all the tables. The next challenge will be to get the wideband hooked up and working, figuring out how to enable speed density mode and dialing in your volumetric effeciency table.

Some general guidelines for a beginning tuner:

Start with the basics
Change one thing at a time
Document said changes
Collect as much data as possible under all conditions
Monitor performance increase/decrease of said changes

A good place to start a forum discussion on tuning is at the beginning - software choices, wideband options, SD mode, etc.

Marklar, at this point, is the absolute least of your challenges and shouldn't even be thought of until you've got everything else nailed down.

·
Registered
753 Posts

ace996 said:
Gentlemen,
Just so I know how to respond properly, are the above two posts directed toward me?
-ace
Speaking for myself, I was referring to general themes that have played out in several recent threads and posts by several people. That is why I made a point of saying that my post was not intended to flame anyone. Just my .02.

CR:)

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
2,271 Posts

So Stealth, for a beginning tuner you would not recommend at least playing with "LTFT tuning"... tweaking the tables and learning how the LTFTs are affected... learning how the cells interact? Getting everything between -5 and 5... as an excercise? Start straight with "SD tuning" huh?

(Coming from someone who has only "LTFT tuned"... never "SD tuned")

1 - 20 of 46 Posts