Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some 17 inch cts wheels off ebay, they are the 04 polished ones. The auction said they were 17x 7.5 51mm offeset and 5x115 bolt pattern. When the rims are on level ground, 2 of the wheels are just a tiny tiny bit higher than the 2 others in width. The lip of the wider one is 1/2 inch wider from the lip of the smaller wheel. Are these for the STS?! WIll these work on my CTS with my 225/50 R 17????? Please help, thanks!
 

·
Registered
CTS
Joined
·
182 Posts
The wheel size should be cast into the back of one of the spokes. If you have 2 17x7.5 and 2 17x8, they're from an STS. I think you'll be ok as long as you put the wider ones in the back.

If this is wrong, I'm sure someone else will jump in here...
 

·
Registered
CTS
Joined
·
531 Posts
The 17x8 will need to be on the rear. 17x225 on the front and 17x 235 on the rear is what you will need to go with on tire size.
 

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, the tire guy said the 17x8 will work with the 225 tire, but im wondering, will it look wierd compared to teh 17x7.5 with the 225 tire?
 

·
Registered
2011 CTS Performance Coupe -3.6 DI 6 Speed Manual
Joined
·
488 Posts
I have a 05 CTS 6sp manual. Bought STS wheels from E-Bay - Detroit Tire and Wheel.
5x115mm pattern 17x7.5 fronts and 17x8.0 rears . The fronts have Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires 235/50/17 the rears are 255/45/17.
I have had no problems, the rears are wider than the fronts but look sharp. I checked the speedometer against the GPS and the MPH was better than the original 16" factory.
 

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the whole point of these wheels was to get a nice updated look of the 04 polished, and to just keep my stock tires which are the 03 Luxury sport wheels, but the wider wheel poses a bit of a problem for that. Im not sure how all the same tires would look, but I do not want to get 2 bigger tires either as that would involve more money lol. Hopefully the place can refund me because the acution acutally listed that all 4 were 17x7.5, which is what I was looking for.
 

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
Joined
·
6,676 Posts
You'll be fine, no prob. I have taht setup on mine. In the back I have the 17*8 on 255/45/17, the fronts are 17*7.5 on 235/50/17
 

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
Joined
·
478 Posts
I bought those same STS ones too, off ebay.
Came out to $85.00 per mag, shipped.
I know some people have paid less, but hey, cannot complain at that price.

I am still buffing and polishing them. I can't WAIT to slap on some nice summer tires and put these on the car!

Spring is the best season.

Go to the DMV to reinstate the Trans Am.
Bring the battery booster to start it up, and uncover it.
Call the pool guy to open the pool.
And now.... I'll also get to put on nice 17" wheels on my CTS.

Shit, it's only November. I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

Although, I calculated that if I polish one spoke each week, I'll be done by spring.
 

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
Joined
·
6,676 Posts
Michael 514 said:
I bought those same STS ones too, off ebay.
Came out to $85.00 per mag, shipped.
I know some people have paid less, but hey, cannot complain at that price.

I am still buffing and polishing them. I can't WAIT to slap on some nice summer tires and put these on the car!

Spring is the best season.

Go to the DMV to reinstate the Trans Am.
Bring the battery booster to start it up, and uncover it.
Call the pool guy to open the pool.
And now.... I'll also get to put on nice 17" wheels on my CTS.

Shit, it's only November. I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

Although, I calculated that if I polish one spoke each week, I'll be done by spring.
Wow... Mine came up to about $1400 CAD for 4 rims, 4 tires, 4 center caps, including shipping...

Sad thing is, I hardly got a chance to use them. I'm selling the car now.
 

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
Joined
·
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jon said:
You'll be fine, no prob. I have taht setup on mine. In the back I have the 17*8 on 255/45/17, the fronts are 17*7.5 on 235/50/17
see you have the STS tire sizes also. I wanted to use my stock 225 50 R17 for all 4, i dunno how those will look with the 17x8s.
 

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
Joined
·
6,676 Posts
Caddy Man said:
see you have the STS tire sizes also. I wanted to use my stock 225 50 R17 for all 4, i dunno how those will look with the 17x8s.
Yep, I bought STS split size rims, not the CTS ones.

Check Goodyear's website and see what width of rim the tires will mount on. My guess is it will work for anything from 6" to 8".
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top